Overclockaholics Forums

Overclockaholics Forums (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Rigs (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ASUS RIVE X79 (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5549)

Witchdoctor 08-21-2013 03:47 AM

No errors, but only run them at 8-9-9-22 1T running at 952Mhz 24/7

and 9-10-10-24 1T at 1066 for benching, so now I am not sure if the board just can not do advertised speeds or is my IMC just weak :blink:

PhIlLy ChEeSe 08-21-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchdoctor (Post 97845)

and 9-10-10-24 1T at 1066 for benching, so now I am not sure if the board just can not do advertised speeds or is my IMC just weak :blink:

Isn't there a voltage to adjust when using more than two sticks or over clocking? I know with mine, the damn settings change in the bios(after resets or BSODS,Etc) and that too added to my situation as my memory was under volted but overclocked(Yeah I LOVE ASUS!:scared:) piss me off!

Witchdoctor 08-21-2013 10:34 AM

Voltage has little effect unfortunatly, I know it is not the stix as they kicked ass on my Ivy set up :shock:

This is why I am looking at the Dark and an IB-E set up

Just a lot of cash ....... :ohcrap:

PhIlLy ChEeSe 08-21-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchdoctor (Post 97852)
Voltage has little effect unfortunatly, I know it is not the stix as they kicked ass on my Ivy set up :shock:

YUP YUP!
Be careful!! Obama finds out you got money.................:morpheus:

MaadDaawg 08-24-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhIlLy ChEeSe (Post 97853)
YUP YUP!
Be careful!! Obama finds out you got money.................:morpheus:

You be in deep shit den

PhIlLy ChEeSe 08-24-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchdoctor (Post 97852)

What I meant, was I think on my board when running four sticks rather than two they were raising some voltage on the board, to help keep the CPU feeding properly.

GFDuke 08-24-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchdoctor (Post 97845)

Most likely the IMC. That chip performed best at around -30 - -40. No colder no warmer.

PhIlLy ChEeSe 08-27-2013 04:33 AM

So I got my CPU back from RMA, question when gaming and everyday usage should I only use two sticks or four? I don't wanna do what already happened, I know now to only use two sticks while over clocking..............
Anybody think I should sell this CPU? Suggestion's............ Like will it be worth it to keep over clock and game with? Remember this is an RMA chip

GFDuke 08-27-2013 09:14 AM

4 for everyday use....2 for benching. As to whether or not to keep it for benching depends on how it overclocks, obviously. It's really about what you want and need. If you only want to use it for everyday use and I works fine then keep it. If you only want to overclock it and it clocks well then bench it then get rid of it.. RMA chips aren't always bad clockers.

PhIlLy ChEeSe 08-27-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFDuke (Post 97875)
4 for everyday use....2 for benching. As to whether or not to keep it for benching depends on how it overclocks, obviously. It's really about what you want and need. If you only want to use it for everyday use and I works fine then keep it. If you only want to overclock it and it clocks well then bench it then get rid of it.. RMA chips aren't always bad clockers.

Cool!
You know how they always have the white sticker on the box, on mine it says "Parts Room (Good)". Not sure but we shall find out soon enough.