Overclockaholics Forums

Overclockaholics Forums (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Single Stage & Cascade Cooling (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Under the Ice for Philly Cheese (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5650)

OC Maximus 06-18-2015 03:17 PM

So it's been a year. How's the unit running?

MaadDaawg 08-02-2015 05:12 PM

Ron at Under the Ice makes (or made, I think he retired?) the cleanest SS units - I have one and LOVE it

OC Maximus 08-02-2015 06:24 PM

Spoke to Ron a few weeks ago. He is still making them. I'm either going to pick-up Dom's old unit or have Ron build me one.

Witchdoctor 08-02-2015 10:10 PM

Agree, Ron makes a solid unit

Shipping to Hawaii is the challenge

:ohcrap:

Kal-EL 08-03-2015 12:01 AM

horrible drivers!!!

Kal-EL 08-03-2015 03:17 PM

My cascade cost $868.96 back then to SHIP.

OC Maximus 08-03-2015 04:03 PM

FEK!

PhIlLy ChEeSe 09-05-2015 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC Maximus (Post 100749)
So it's been a year. How's the unit running?

Works Great, just no time lately. Not the kinda thing you wanna run daily, though you can.............

Just wanted to add, Ron's work is top notch! The unit holds fast at a steady -45 that's with a 3930K, my issue was I was trying to run it while the unit was even on top of the table. Unit need to be lower then where the head is bolted, I assume to make the separation up the neck. After a year I'm Very pleased with my price and the value for my money!!!

Ron!:thumbsup:

Kal-EL 09-05-2015 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhIlLy ChEeSe (Post 101798)
Works Great, just no time lately. Not the kinda thing you wanna run daily, though you can.............

Just wanted to add, Ron's work is top notch! The unit holds fast at a steady -45 that's with a 3930K, my issue was I was trying to run it while the unit was even on top of the table. Unit need to be lower then where the head is bolted, I assume to make the separation up the neck. After a year I'm Very pleased with my price and the value for my money!!!

Ron!:thumbsup:

Wow, u have no idea how helpful that random comment is to me. You see....due to the short length of my cascade evap line, I have been using the cascade almost parallel but predominantly lower than the evap line since the git go. I always wondered why I couldnt get the amazing -116c or so temps the cascade has performed at and now the light of knowledge has shined upon me!!!!

I must rip the top deck off the cascade cart and reconfig to allow a tad bit lower mounting of motherboard. Won't be an easy fix as extending the evap line but its hopeful :)

Thanks bromango, much appreciated share there. :)

PhIlLy ChEeSe 09-05-2015 07:10 AM

I don't think it has to be a big separation, but I assume the higher the board is over the pump causes more separation(better performance). Also if you can keep the pump RAD cool as more coolness equals better pump performance.........