Overclockaholics Forums

Overclockaholics Forums (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Megahalem is Here! (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559)

Chuchnit 06-13-2009 08:49 AM

Megahalem is Here!

Yep the usps was kind enough to knock on my door with a little Saturday surprise. Now I just gotta finish some stuff up around the house so I can install it. It is huge so I sure hope it does better than my stupid Zalman 9700 :argh:

First Look

Jeffro64 06-13-2009 08:50 AM

You got one! Did you get fans for it?

Chuchnit 06-13-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro64 (Post 4572)
You got one! Did you get fans for it?

Yep. Right now I just have a single 75cfm "Kaze Flex" made by Scythe. I'm gonna order some 38mm clips and a panaflo to do a comparison. Frank and I have a little disagreement so we are gonna find out who'd right. :D

Jeffro64 06-13-2009 09:02 AM

TBH... I had 2 panaflows in PP and it was only a few degrees C less than the stock cooler that came with my chip. And my Megahalem is lapped. It is a nice cooler but I expected more from it after reading reviews on it.

Chuchnit 06-13-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro64 (Post 4577)
TBH... I had 2 panaflows in PP and it was only a few degrees C less than the stock cooler that came with my chip. And my Megahalem is lapped. It is a nice cooler but I expected more from it after reading reviews on it.

Well a couple weeks ago I found every review I could of the top aircoolers. Alot of review sites are either biased or just have shitty testing methods. The megahalem honestly doesn't shine until the heatload is increased. It will perform about the same as most coolers for "normal" use. It's when you really add the vcore, or put an i7 under it that it truly shines. Try the stock cooler on your 920 and then put the megahalem on there. You'll see what I saw in the reviews.

Kal-EL 06-13-2009 09:13 AM

Kool man, Thor's Hammer is almost here too.

Chuchnit 06-13-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal-EL (Post 4586)
Kool man, Thor's Hammer is almost here too.

I'll take Thor's hammer and shove it up his arse :p

Jeffro64 06-13-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuchnit (Post 4580)
Well a couple weeks ago I found every review I could of the top aircoolers. Alot of review sites are either biased or just have shitty testing methods. The megahalem honestly doesn't shine until the heatload is increased. It will perform about the same as most coolers for "normal" use. It's when you really add the vcore, or put an i7 under it that it truly shines. Try the stock cooler on your 920 and then put the megahalem on there. You'll see what I saw in the reviews.

Yeah... I plan on starting with air again so I will give that a try. I don't plan on lapping my 920 so I hope it is pretty flat to start with.

Kal-EL 06-13-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuchnit (Post 4588)
I'll take Thor's hammer and shove it up his arse :p

What is ur fixation with anus????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

It'll be a first hand account of how the Thor's Hammer runs dippidy poo dah man! Welcome it no matter what ur little review friends say.

punx223 06-13-2009 10:29 AM

the cooler will not greatly benefit from high CFM but more from static pressure from what I have seen, Try getting a good 38mm fan and make sure its mid-low speed, and i bet youlle get the results your looking for