Overclockaholics Forums

Overclockaholics Forums (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Overclocking Utilities/Benches (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   GPU Tweak (http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5409)

Kal-EL 01-10-2013 10:46 AM

GPU Tweak

1 Attachment(s)
Asus GPU TWEAK

Attachment 6614

(Old news for Neuromancer)

I had occasion to install (2) Asus GTX680-DC2-4G5 cards yesterday. SLI was not functioning so I went thru the normal SLI troubleshooting workarounds to no avail. Checked if vga bios matched on both cards and they did. I thought maybe it was a temperature issue so instead of installing the normal rivatuner/afterburner stuff I tried the GPU TWEAK utility from Asus powered by Techpowerup.

Turns out this utility has a bios update feature :scared: . I know, I know, windows software bios update :hellno:

The out of the box version of GPU Tweak is buggy and slow. The vga bios update function also doesnt work on this version.

Downloaded the updated version and rolled the dice. Bingo, it worked flawlessly and now SLI functions properly. The newer version is still slow responding but better than earlier revisions but mostly functional.

Witchdoctor 01-10-2013 11:02 AM

Pretty cool, so where is the Shammy Mars on steroids BIOS ......... :clapping:

GFDuke 01-10-2013 12:38 PM

Cool man. I still would like to know why SLI wouldn't enable in NVidea control panel though.
Seems weird. Could it have been the drivers? There have been a few SLI bug updated drivers if i remember correctly.

Witchdoctor 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Does seem odd, I have been using the Farcry 3 beta, pretty solid in SLI so far ........ :thumbsup:

Neuromancer 01-10-2013 01:58 PM

"I cant get my nVidia cards to work properly"

yeah that is old news to me LOL.

Gald you got your issues sorted big guy.

Kal-EL 01-10-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFDuke (Post 95391)
Cool man. I still would like to know why SLI wouldn't enable in NVidea control panel though.
Seems weird. Could it have been the drivers? There have been a few SLI bug updated drivers if i remember correctly.

Control panel set SLI without any problems but once into these newer games the screen either goes orange or severely stutters like two gpu's fighting over a voltage mod.

Non-SLI worked charmingly on each card seperately tested. Fresh installs to rule out borked operating system. Finally the bios update which went from bla-bla-bla-05 to bla-bla-bla-10. So I'm guessing 5 vbios updates so far?

Almost as bad as driver updates. Kinda makes u wonder wut the OEM/Clueless customers do to resolve it because we all know any type of bios update is do or die. :morpheus:

I did have a pucker moment tho cuz GPU TWEAK stalls for a lil over too many moments. I even said out loud "Ah fruck me, two paperweights inbound". :laughing:

Kal-EL 01-10-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neuromancer (Post 95393)
"I cant get my nVidia cards to work properly"

yeah that is old news to me LOL.

Gald you got your issues sorted big guy.

Way back when I used to bench all the time, it was easy peasy, then it was linked core/mem, now its linked powerstate, next it'll be turn your fanspeed up to get core mhz going. :keeporder: