View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011
Aspiring Overclocker

lesstutrey is just getting started

Well, one of the members of this community was kind enough to offer me a pretty killer deal on X58A-OC that is all lubed for subzero (maybe that gives away who it is, not sure) with full retail box and all. My bench table is also really good for insulating the back of motherboards as i know this is an issue. I have small standoffs screwed into each other in pairs, and then a layer of armflex that is about 1/8" thicker than the standoffs, little bit more with a layer of shop towel on top of that, so the back is quite well insulated. Only risky point is the back of the socket, so i gotta do the socket area well. I have to cut away the armaflex under the socket so the backplates have place to exist, that's where the 8x8 patch of eraser goes, and of course the armaflex between plate and board. I think i got it insulated well enough that i won't kill it. The price for the added peace of mind of 3 year warranty is feeling like best buy right now, not worth how much i'm saving (70$) and no waiting on a 50$ MIR.