View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road
Default Dynamics LMX "Liquid Metal" Cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by techpowerup
Danamics Intros LMX Liquid Metal CPU Cooler
Close to an year after Danamics released its so-perceived revolutionary LM10 liquid-metal CPU cooler, which was shelved a mere two months after its launch, the company is back with its successor. The new Danamics LMX looks bigger, meaner, and more compatible. The principle involves circulating liquid metal through heatpipes in an aluminum fin array. The liquid metal is circulated using an electromagnetic pump, though the unit has a shielded magnetic field that does not interfere with components outside it. The flowing liquid metal disperses heat to parts of the cooler better, resulting in higher cooling performance compared to other forms of air-cooling.

The unit measures 158.2×170.5×90 mm, weighing 1180 g. The heatsink fins are made of nickel-plated aluminum. Two 120 mm fans strapped on to either sides, are made by SilenX. This completely monolithic cooler has snap-on assembly, meaning it's as easy to install as almost any other air-cooler. It supports Intel sockets LGA-1366, LGA-775, and AMD AM3/AM2(+). It is priced at 159 EUR, significantly lower than its predecessor which went for 280 EUR. A flash animation of how the cooler works, among other details, can be accessed here.

First iteration was a flop.