View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009
OCA Gladiator

Chicken Patty is just getting started
Default Project: Thermaltake Element S

Hello everyone, decided to have some fun with my TT Element S case which I've had for a while. I've been wanting to do a red/black themed case and why not go on with this one. I was going to go with way different plans. Water cooling, etc. This time, I'm going to keep it more simple. Rig is running, pics below are of it finished in it's current state. In the next few weeks, i'll be ordering a few things and adding the final touches to it. Hope you guys enjoy . Might not be half of what you see here on XS, but at least I tried

Components:
Case: Thermaltake Element S
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Board: EVGA X3 SLI (132-BL-E758)
RAM: Nanya DDR3 1066 3x2GB
HDD: Raid 0 Seagate Barracudas 1 TB each (RAID still to be done, but both drives are in)
GPU: PNY 9800GX2
PSU: PCP&C 860W Turbo Cool

What I am probably going to change as far as components is maybe the GPU, try to get something red/black to go with theme. If I get new RAM, I'm aiming for something within the theme (Thinks Corsair Dominator GT's) :rolleyes:. Or if I keep this RAM, I'll just get some spreaders to go with the theme as well.

here are the pics:

Mobo in the case with Mega Shadow

Same as above, different angle

HDD's installed

PSU in da house! :rockout: messy :( 24 PIN ROUTED

...and here is the final result for phase 1 of the project. This is just to have rig running meanwhile I figure the rest out. Next step will be cable management as I am not happy with the one at the moment. I am going to see if I can make a plate or something that goes in front of the PSU from the back of the case towards the HDD rack so that I can hide all the PSU wires there and it won't be visible like now. Sleeving will be happening next as well For now this is it, hope you like, if not, well you didn't. What can I do? :(

Cruncher #1 - AMD Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.4 GHz
Cruncher #2 - Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 GHz
Total Threads = 12

Last edited by Chicken Patty; 11-11-2009 at 02:08 AM.