Thread: New WC Gamer
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011
Beyond Help

MaadDaawg is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that 120 slips in real nice, might require a modular PSU though cause the cables make it tight. I've seen mods where people cut out the lower HDD rack, cout out a portion of the bottom plate of the case, and, mount a 2x120 horizontally down there. I'm using 1 of the 2 lower HDD racks for my storage and backup disk though and really don't miss the extra 120.

I am now in deconstruction phase awaiting a new mobo that will arrive on Monday. The quick disconnects came in real handy as all it took was 4 quick twists and the video card and water block were free. Have another one coming in Monday for that last tube that connects from the mobo to the back rad. Then I'll be able to quick remove the entire mobo whenever I want without draining any loops

A few pics during the waiting period. Note how the output of the water block plumbing is sitting horizontal to the CPU block and very low to the board. It sits right on top of the HS for the VRs/moffests which I'm hoping will help keep those cooler as well In the pics above, a 92mm fan sits between this and another quick disconnect

Note: the Kryos mounting kit from the factor is FAIL. I used the back plate but had to buy 2 in 6x32 course thread screws and use a Kingpin pot screw down kit with the stops, springs, and thumb screws. Works great this way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg easyouts.jpg (343.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg kryos1.jpg (217.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg kryos2.jpg (203.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg GTX5901.jpg (226.3 KB, 5 views)

www.maaddaawg.com

Last edited by MaadDaawg; 04-09-2011 at 06:11 AM.