View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNip View Post
Yeah I've been looking at that mobo since Tuesday at Newegg. Sold out now. Thinking of picking it up along with one of the 6 core BE's. Might take me a couple of months to do but Intel is just getting boring to me. I'm into overclocking for the fun of it and sometimes find myself doing it just for boints. Need to get back to my roots.
Actually I was wrong the one on newegg right now is the formula this is the extreme edition so prolly going to run over $300 cuz of the hydra chip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNip View Post
For $550 I could be up and benching a 6 core AMD setup, cpu + mobo, whereas I would be out $1K+ just for an Intel 6 core. Eventually I would need a Venom CPU pot but could get by on my F1EE for now. AMD is just looking so much more attractive, kinda like they were back in the day before they flopped it with their AM2 setup.
Yeah I skipped AM2 completely just because of DDR2 (it was still not ready yet back then IMHO....) Then again DDR3 did not really become good until AM3 socket came out either... hmm noticing a trend here

I dont think im going to be able to wait a year for the quadchannel desktops (well over a year for first price drop lol), am going to get teh CHIV formula though. Hopefully it has some better BUS clocking capability. I can blow through some Ath II chips then $500 for the whole line up LOL

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."

Last edited by Neuromancer; 05-07-2010 at 12:12 PM.