View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012
Aspiring Overclocker

Sanmayce is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaadDaawg View Post
Are you looking for SB and SB-E testing only, or would a 980x system be helpful as well?
Are you looking for SB and SB-E testing only, or would a 980x system be helpful as well?

Wow, the three i7 systems will do perfectly, I am not pretentious as long as i7 is involved, nevertheless the latest Sandy-Bridge-E is gonna quench well the greediness in me.
I am very interested in how these super low memory latencies in SB are gonna affect my MEMMEM functions (stressing memory bandwidth along with physical RAM IOPS i.e. being latency bound).

A week ago I saw a 5GHz SB with 22GB/s Memory Read bandwidth, my miserable/old laptop gives 5GB/s whereas my MEMMEM functions work at 3-4GB/s do the math how close are they to the limit. Therefore the thing that would make my eyes happy is a machine with High Performance CPU-RAM bus maybe triple channel is the answer (the above mentioned 22GB/s were achieved with i7 2700K @ 4.9GHz (1.420V) 24/7 Max 69C; 4 x 4GB Samsung Extreme Low Voltage 1866MHz @ 8-9-9-24-1T at 1.5V's).

Just uploaded revision B of 'Monstrous Jesters' - a new multi-threaded (up to 48 threads stressing RAM/Cores) test was added.

Thank you MaadDaawg for your readiness to help me.