Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

OCA Contest Discussions It's All Fun In Games Until Somebody...

Old 05-30-2011
OCA Gladiator

kikicoco1334 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
At first I felt like Banik.

But I live fairly close and wouldn't need to spend the night. I wouldn't have to buy any hardware I don't already own. And it may be a chance to get my hands on an ASUS OC Panel and possibly come home with a 580 Matrix or another CUII to bin.

Only downside is actually finding the time off to go.....
i'll go for ya!

i have never been to that end of the country CA have always been one of my dream place
Old 05-31-2011
Beyond Help

Splave will become famous soon enough

Hey I will be there so will bren, they are paying for our flights and hotel cause we won in Texas. The case modders that won will be given a full ride too.

would love to see some of our guys there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
when those trolls start making love your VGA has no chance!
Old 05-31-2011
Beyond Help

hey patch why dont you bring the slims and TEAM OCA will destroy some WR's? I will bring xpander just a brain storm. Im sure we can come up with a decent 980x or something. I think roms does 6.3 for game tests...

Quote:
Old 05-31-2011
OCA Gladiator Retired Legend

Patch is on a distinguished road

Okie Dokie. Just got a pm from Brian and it looks like it's a go.

I'll bring all my pots and my lone CUII. Sold all my X58 stuff - don't have a 1366 board. I'm driving so will bring an extra HCP 1200, PSU jumper, and a few DMM's and temp meters. 4 cards need a lot of juice! Antec is the PSU sponsor, correct?

What hotel are you staying at? Since you and Bren will be there, I may get a room instead of driving home.

It exists!
Old 05-31-2011
Asus Republic of Gamers

brian@asus is just getting started

im sure from those that made it to the invite list got my email and will be well assured the compensation of making your own travel arrangements.
Old 06-01-2011
Beyond Help

sounds really awesome brian, will there been any live streaming?

Quote:
*****Overclocking may void your warranty and ASUS is not responsible for any damages occurred on your hardware nor are we responsible if your freeze yourself with LN2. Please be safe!

Hello all,

You are part of a very special invite list for ROG Formula X. You’ve either met or worked with me during ROG 3x3, Quakecon, Blizzcon, XS Party at CES or the ROG Forums. And if I haven’t met you personally, then you probably know someone that knows someone that knows me and will eventually get to work with me. So let’s cut to the chase you’ve all been messaging me so much about this event.

What is ROG Formula X:

It’s an ROG enthusiast event to meet and greet others and have fun. There is no pressure in competing for a benchmark record other than your own personal goal. Although we all come from different backgrounds and teams, I urge everyone to forget the competitive aspect and work together as one. Mingle around, bench with others you’ve never benched with, learn/teach others and have fun. This event is designed for you to go all out on your favorite platforms and benchmarks with LN2 supplied by ASUS. This event will be open to the public and may have a ton of consumers checking you out in action, taking pictures (so look pretty). This is a private invite to bench so if you are bringing friends along with you, they must remain a spectator standing outside of the tables.

Hardware Buffet:

· All invites will go through a buffet of hardware. We have sponsors who have yet to officially confirm (Intel, Nvidia, Antec, Corsair, Coolermaster, CPU Magazine, Kingston, Patriot, Razer).

· With a mixture of hardware we will have 20 of each category to be given away. keyboard, mice, 2000mhz+ ram, 120GB SSD, 1200watt PSU, Intel CPU, Nvidia 5 series GPU w/ DirectCU II, ROG motherboards. At random, we will give away 10 Xpanders (TBD) and 5 Coolermaster fans.

· Intel CPU will mostly consist of 2600k processors and very few 990x

· Nvidia GPU will be a mixture of GTX560, 570, 580, matrix 580, and maybe even mars 2.

· ASUS motherboards will be a mixture of Maximus IV Extreme, Maximus IV Gene-Z, a few Rampage III Black Edition, and Crosshair V Formula.

· All products will be gift wrapped and put inside boxes labeled CPU, GPU, SSD, etc etc. You will go down the row and pick each item at random. They are gift wrapped so that there is no complaint of who got what hardware.

· We encourage you to use the new hardware so our sponsors feel they got their return on investment and can continue to support our events in the future. (be sure to mark your hardware in case it gets mixed with others)

· Please test your rig for any defects before modding. If it is a DOA, I need to see it out of the box. If any solder or desolder has been done, that is your own issue and I will not be able to replace it. I WILL NOT have backups, so BE CAUTIOUS!

Bonus Prizes:

· We will have 10 bonus prizes that can be claimed on Sunday (first come first claim). In order to claim a bonus prize, you will need to place yourself in any top 10 hardware specific record in any benchmark. (Remember ASUS motherboard, ASUS video card/reference flashed with ASUS Bios.) The first 10 to accomplish this during the event will get to choose their bonus prize. The 10 Bonus prizes will be gift wrapped. You will not know what you are getting. It ranges from a keyboard, mice, fan, ram, cooler, psu, motherboard, gpu, and cpu. So you can have the best record but you may end up with a case fan or a CPU.

· **Note that you will need to take screen shots with our ROG Formula X wall paper, have the file on hand, and upload it to HWBOT on our ASUS Staff’s computer in order to claim your prize. If your harddrive or SSD gets corrupted and you are not able to recover the file, it will not count. Pictures with your phone do not count. You may screenshot day 1 records and transfer them to day 2 with the validation file. If you want to be a dick, you can upload a bunch of records and sandbag. (I know this will happen and it’s not against the rules so don’t complain to me when it happens.)

· If you win a bonus prize as a team, you will have to decide how to split it up. Flip a coin.

Items you need to bring:

· You definitely want a change of clothes. We will provide special gold ROG shirts for you to wear during the event. This is mandatory so our staff knows who is part of the event and who is not.

· You will also want to bring your own hardware. If you plan to bench on your own platform, or multi GPU setup, this will require you to bring your own gear. As long as it is an ASUS motherboard and video card, or reference video card flashed to an ASUS bios with competitor stickers taken off, you can bench on it. Yes you can bench old or new platforms, whatever you want to bench on, bring it. Optical drives to install OS? DUPI drive to image OS? BRING IT!

· **(please note each night we need to pack our gear and bring it back to the hotel as we will have minimal security outdoors. ASUS is not responsible for stolen property so keep your table tidy and secure.)

· You will need to bring your own flask, dewar, pots, torch, gas, etc etc.

Materials given:

· Event will be out doors in the front of Fry’s parking lot.

· You will have an open tent above you blocking you from the sun. I know you don’t get much sun.

· 2300 liters of LN2 to be shared amongst everyone.

· 2 people share 1 8ft table.

· 2x 30amps of power per table.

· Up to 2 people/2 rigs per table or 2 people/1 4-way rig per table.

Frys Electronic:

1077 E. Arques Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408) 617-1300

Hotel recommended:

ASUS will not provide flight or hotel.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...con-valley-ii/

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control...6&cid=IP_Local

Event date and time:

June 25th-26th 2011 (Advised to fly in Friday the 24th.)

Saturday 9AM-9PM

Sunday 9AM-7PM

Saturday:

9AM: Opening ceremony and raffle off hardware to all 20 overclockers.

10AM: Bench!! You can bench on any platform. Old or new. You can use the hardware we provided or bring your own. We prefer both! Be sure to mingle around! (HWBOT rules apply)

8PM: Start packing up.

Sunday:

9AM: Start benching. We will have 10 bonus prizes to be claimed. (HWBOT rules apply)

6PM: Start packing up.

Lastly:

Please respect all ASUS, TeamROG members, and each other. If I see anyone starting shit, I will kick them out without question. My stress level will be at its peak managing this event and the last thing I want to do is deal with drama. IF you have ANY questions regarding information, raffle rules, or bonus prizes, please ask me. If there are any changes to the logistics of this event, I will notify everyone.

Please let me know by June 2nd (2 days) if you can confirm on attending this event. Please invite your friends to join us!

Any other comments, you can discuss it here: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...-ROG-FORMULA-X

Thank You

Brian Jang

Quote:

Last edited by Splave; 06-01-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-01-2011
Asus Republic of Gamers

brian@asus is just getting started

i would really like to have live streaming, but i don't know if i can make it happen. i am putting this even together solo so... its a bit of pain to setup the live stream.
Old 06-02-2011
Full Blown Addict

GeorgeStorm is just getting started

Sounds like a pretty awesome event, why does this never happen in the UK?
Old 06-02-2011
Overclockaholic

Gunslinger is on a distinguished road

Which airport are you guys flying into?

I've been using San Jose International to get quotes.
Old 06-02-2011
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Hope there is livestreaming so we can cheer on our teammates

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."