Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Old 11-29-2011
OCA Gladiator

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough
Default Bye Bye AMD

This is real bad news ........... will Intel even try anymore ........

http://news.softpedia.com/news/AMD-N...e-237103.shtml

I think they are in for a can of woopass in the mobil scene as well

Anybody know if there is any merit to this ???

Last edited by Witchdoctor; 11-29-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2011
Beyond Help

MaadDaawg is on a distinguished road

AMD hasn't been competing for years

Could suck on the priceage though

www.maaddaawg.com
Old 11-29-2011
Lets Shake Things Up!!!

OC Maximus is on a distinguished road

I see Kal was mentioned in the article

Old 11-29-2011
OCA Gladiator

kikicoco1334 is on a distinguished road

SHIT! where is my ass?
I think I laughed my ass off now I can't find it anymore....

but think again, if AMD is out of the picture will intel even try anymore cuz that's one of the few motivation they had before AMD decided to suck some major corn holes......
Old 11-29-2011
Beyond Help

MaadDaawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikicoco1334 View Post
SHIT! where is my ass?
I think I laughed my ass off now I can't find it anymore....

but think again, if AMD is out of the picture will intel even try anymore cuz that's one of the few motivation they had before AMD decided to suck some major corn holes......
I don't think there is much evidence that pressure from AMD has driven the Intel innovation machine for decades (if ever). I'm thinking that once AMD started competing in the courtroom rather then teh marketplace the writing was on the wall.

Intel is an "industry driver". With Intel's market share and capitalization it would be daunting task, and therefore a very high risk proposition for any investors looking to challenge Intel in their own ballpark. First they would need massive monetary injections just to open the door, then, they would need to develop an earth shattering product that would revolutionize the industry, and harder still, be in any position to ramp up production to a scale able to complete with Intel.

Next would be years of litigation where Intel claims copywright infringement and ties up a new comapaies resources locked inside a court case. They would find it hard to introduce their first produt for many years until teh courts make a decision one way or the other.

umm... not to mention the software that runs the world is written to run on Intel processors

Each innovative property they add to their product line, the create another revenue stream. It is simply to their advantage to constantly introducing new devices with greater functionality.

Marketing is inexpensive since the have no real comptitors.

Pricing should be kept close to current, not withstanding any severe market destructive influences like Obama getting set to help them like he helped Gibson Goutars :

Intel is one of the few companys rated strong enough to survive another SEVERE economic downturn, and they consistently pay dividends. I don't see the lack of AMD competition :: but I suspect thier price point won't move much if any because their current pricing strategy seems to drive their business model extremely well.

I agree AMDs will get it's ass kicked in teh mobile market for the reason's it tanked and buned on teh desktop.

Unless of course, they are wiling to give the chips away below

IMO of course

www.maaddaawg.com

Last edited by MaadDaawg; 11-29-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2011
OCA Gladiator

kikicoco1334 is on a distinguished road

WOW MD! that's very detailly broken down.
TBH most the games I know they are mainly Intel/nVidia based I honestly never got the idea of why AMD bought out ATi in the first place. The only time I went AMD over Intel was back during the Athlon XP years, it was faster and got a little extra room to play with. But ever since the 775 Intel took off, it went up so fast they AMD really didn't have a chance.

After I got my first 775 setup I tried AMD again I promised myself I'd never go AMD again, it went from Project Blue to Project code name Pain in my (THE) ass couldn't sale that rig fast enough.

I have always felt that AMD have always been trying to come after Intel's ideas, remember the Netbook? Intel Atom chips? then years later they just came out with the AMD Neo most people don't even know that chip, because it was SO FUCKING SLOW! they completely down sized the chip so extremely slow it can't really run Vista. From what I remembered it was about the same speed as the 478 Pentium 4 mobile chip Centrino (first gen) then Intel went 479 which is still in most laptops that's got Core 2 based chips before them went 988 or 1388 what ever the hell those 1st gen Core i7/i5/i3's are.

Then the new Bulldozer happened......
They hit 8GHz like crazy gotta give them that!
Ain't gonna lie tho I'm really thinking about getting a set of those and just hit 8GHz then set that sum'bitch on fire and be done with it

(is there a AMD chip that's faster then Intel in anyway? I remember reading about Bushiller is faster then 2600k on mutimedia encoding or something)

IDK how much time I have left, but before I die I MUST HIT 8GHz!
Edit: at least once

Last edited by kikicoco1334; 11-29-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2011
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

This is not news. AMD said quite a while ago that they were looking to expand their mobile and UVLP processor lineup, since that in effect is where the money is at teh minute.

That said, no where did AMD actually it say was giving up on desktop processors, and considering how well their low power desktops chips are performing, I see many years of AMD desktops in the future.

So sick of editorials being posted as news.

Hopefully I can get my hands on a bulldozer after Christmas to see if it is as bad as they say. Biggest issue I thought was the power draw.

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 11-30-2011
OCA Gladiator

BenchZowner will become famous soon enough

It's not like the ULP and mobile segment is so free of very good companies ( Intel, Texas Instruments, nVIDIA "Kal-El", etc )
Old 11-30-2011
OCA Gladiator

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough

Not meant to be posted as news Rich, was posting to see if anyone new if there was any validity to the artical...........

Well that is insightful Daawg

AMD Athlon 64 was the the motivation behind the tic toc release cycle we now enjoy, they in effect woke a sleeping giant. form P4 bloated hell where intel was in a reactionary R & D cycle

Reminds me of pearl Harbor in a sick twisted demented way.

I hope they do stay in the game as it only takes one good idea to close the preformance gap, Shame they have not hit the nail on te head latley but they make very capable gaming chips and said not to cold bug, but never tested that ....

Lets not forget top clock in history as well ........

Back in the day I was an avid AMD guy until core tech was born from a chip called centrino ........

Gotta love the new nv Kal El chip named after the boss .............
Think the use it in the samsung Galaxy, but not sure
Old 11-30-2011
OCA Gladiator

BenchZowner will become famous soon enough

There's no Kal-El pda/phone yet.
The Samsung Galaxy and Galaxy SII aren't Kal-El based either.