Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Graphics / Other For all You Other Software's....

Old 07-07-2009
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

CPU + HDD have the mega multipliers, good info bro
Old 07-07-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

heh heh going to have to try and win those Vertex SSDs on techreaction.net to boost my pcmark scores

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 07-07-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Hmm okay. Checked some verification screenshots, on hwbot after trying some msstyles hacks no transparency enabled in those screenies.

Has me thinking that the trick is, like vista to offload the rendering to the graphics card. Like Vista does.

So I think if I can get my hands on the Avalon SDK I will try that. It no longer is a DL on Microsoft's site, and it has changed names apparently. So tracking it down is not going to be easy.

I do not have all of my stuff here, or I would just install a version of XP I have that is pre tweaked. To test out the transparency stuff.

Also just finished D'Ling windowblinds and a Vista UI to see if that works, although I do not expect it too, based on the verification screenshots I saw at hwbot.

EDIT: Also going to try out Avivo and ATI stream SDK and see what they do.

EDIT EDIT: Okay MS styles improved the score a little bit (about 20w/s) installed Avivo and ran it again. jumped to 790w/s. Ran it again and scored over 1000w/s...

wonderif I am on the right track or the test just needs to be run 20 time to get 10,000 in xp lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transparentwindows stock.JPG (40.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg transparentwindows avivo.JPG (31.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Neuromancer; 07-07-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2009
OCA Gladiator

karmakazi will become famous soon enough

You definately making progress!

I found another potential tweak. I was testing it for superpi but it actually made times worse (compared to just killing explorer shell altogether). Its a replacement for the explorer shell of windows. I was using LiteShell but there are many variants that have different features. Unfortuantely I dont have alot of spare time right now to test things, due to making 2 websites and some other crap. I have no idea if it would affect pcmark though. Just do a google search for explorer shell replacement or go here

Last edited by karmakazi; 08-06-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2009
Aspiring Overclocker

G H Z is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
EDIT EDIT: Okay MS styles improved the score a little bit (about 20w/s) installed Avivo and ran it again. jumped to 790w/s. Ran it again and scored over 1000w/s...

wonderif I am on the right track or the test just needs to be run 20 time to get 10,000 in xp lol
You're definitely making progress

I'll be watching to see where you end up, this has been bugging me for a while too.
Old 07-10-2009
OCA Gladiator

Yah took a break due to some RL complications.

Gotta get the rest of my stuff over to the new place before I can do more testing (everything is on the HTPC/File Server) I am afraid of borking this test with Aero transformation packs and such

Tried windowsblinds but the trial does not enable transparency and such. And my usual means of evaluating software was not helping me get around this limitation.

Still I do not think that transparency is the issue. The issue is that Vista runs the desktop on the GPU. If there is an "aero" shell for XP, it will solve the problem.

Liteshell mentioned earlier may be on the right track, I plated around with Aston Desktop before, and see they have a few products out now. I will try and look into alternative software tomorrow.

Old 08-02-2009
OCA Gladiator

Oh crap think I just figured it out... just hit me out of nowhere

Will try it out tomorrow, logically it should not work, but who said logic ever pertained to benching :p

Old 08-04-2009
Certified OCA Addict

dinos22 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Oh crap think I just figured it out... just hit me out of nowhere

Will try it out tomorrow, logically it should not work, but who said logic ever pertained to benching :p
...please dont tell me you were taking a shower when it clicked j/k
Old 08-04-2009
OCA Gladiator

ugh forgot what it was :(

and no was not in the shower lol

Old 08-04-2009
Certified OCA Addict

dinos22 is just getting started

u forgot what it was how old are you 80? lol