Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Overclocking Air & Water...

Old 08-23-2009
Full Blown Addict

Cecil is just getting started
Default X2 550 Unlocking

I got a Gig 790X-UD4P, x2 550, and 2x2 OCZ Platinum 1066s. One of the ram sticks was bad, so Im just using one and a 1gb stick of Super Talent D9GMH untill I get the RMA.

Ive gotten 3725Mhz fully stable, unlocked, with 1.55Vcore (working on lower later). Load temps 56C.
I cant seem to get higher though. Tried,
1.62Vcore
+.25 NBVid
+.3 NB
+.2 SB

Tried 18.5x203, 18x207, 19x200, all fail.

Vid goes to +.4 before the options turn red, SB and NB only have options of +.1, .2, .3. Vcore is pretty high already for Air, even though Im loading less then 60C. Ive tried x9 for HT link which works less then x10 does. Ram down clocked to x4 Cas 5.

ACC is on auto (-2% each core). No idea how to mess with that.

Any tips?
Old 08-24-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Phenom IIs have a temp lock. Beyond 55C you just cant OC anymore. Actually for that chip might have been lower (dunno my load temps were always very low)

What cooler are you using? Bolt through heatsink really helps alot.

Also Past 3600 MHz you really want to get the CPUNB speeds up there. Did not have a lot of luck with ultra high CPUNB speeds, but up to 2400 MHz should not be a problem.

CPUNB vid should be 1.25ish. Chipset NB I ran at stock when multi clocking. My new board bus clocking only I run about 2 volts for 300 HTREF

SB never touched. Unless you are overclocking your Hard drives it should be an issue. Only touch it if you have tried everything else for stability

1.6 is awful high, were you even able to boot at those voltages?

ACC Auto is fine, you can try upping it though, do not know how much it will help TBH technically it should not help at all.

Looks like you are doing some bus clocking, so drop that HT Link down a little more. IT helps and you can work on bringing it back up after you find everything else.

Always best to start with RAM, than NB than CPU speed with these chips.

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."

Last edited by Neuromancer; 08-24-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-24-2009
Full Blown Addict

When ever I try dropping the HT link to 9, it wont even boot. 10 does everytime.
1.6V works fine for me, load temps under 60C.

Using a CCF, and have 4 120mm Yate loons and a 140mm Tri-cool in an Antec 300, and it sits next to my window AC. Even with NB volts maxed (+.3 = 1.4v) its cool to touch.

Was adding SB when the HT was going higher then 2000 because it says it would help with higher HT speeds.

So far, best I have 100% stable is 18x207, 1.575Vcore, +.2 NB, +.225 Vid, 10x HT link.

Also, whats the difference in 8bit and 16bit HT? Ive been leaving it on auto.
Old 08-25-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Just leave it on auto, (16) that is the bandwidth for the hypertransport bus. 8 is effectively halving your BW.

VCore really needs to come down, you should work on that first.

I thought I was a little juice happy, but WOW you are just OVing everything lol

1.25 NBVid is more than enough for 23-2400 CPUNB. 1.3+ only for crazy benching runs. Dropping this down will also really bring your temps down. CPUNB volts effect heat more than vcore in my opinion. (In fact vcore does not really effect heat at all, from what I have seen, CPU speed is the big one)

At currrent speeds, 1.45 ish vcore (ymmv), 1.25 CPUNB if at 2.3-2.4 on CPUNB no volts for NB unless you are BUS clocking.

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 08-26-2009
Full Blown Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Just leave it on auto, (16) that is the bandwidth for the hypertransport bus. 8 is effectively halving your BW.

VCore really needs to come down, you should work on that first.

I thought I was a little juice happy, but WOW you are just OVing everything lol

1.25 NBVid is more than enough for 23-2400 CPUNB. 1.3+ only for crazy benching runs. Dropping this down will also really bring your temps down. CPUNB volts effect heat more than vcore in my opinion. (In fact vcore does not really effect heat at all, from what I have seen, CPU speed is the big one)

At currrent speeds, 1.45 ish vcore (ymmv), 1.25 CPUNB if at 2.3-2.4 on CPUNB no volts for NB unless you are BUS clocking.
Ive seen lots of people using 1.6V+. They are far different from intel 45nms, and take more. Wasnt going to use that for 24/7, but just to see what it could do. Have it down to 1.475 so far for 3625Mhz quad stable.

Everything else is within safe ranges, and is cool to touch. Im thinking its topped out though (for being stable anyway) at 3708Mhz. Anything more wont pass OCCT even with tons of volts and good temps. Got 3725 to pass, but that was with 1.6v, which isnt worth it when 3708 passes with 1.55.

Ill start looking for higher speeds for benching when my ram comes back.
Old 08-28-2009
Full Blown Addict

Now have 18x205 unlocked stable with stock volts except 1.4Vcore.
Old 08-28-2009
Classicplatforms Warrior

Bones is just getting started

I've found with my X3 720, it can do 4.0 with as little as 1.44v's, no problem. Heat becomes an issue after I take it past the 1.47v mark so I have to be careful there with it since I'm running it on aircooling right now. Your chip should be OK around the 1.4V mark but definitely keep an eye on temps if going past 1.45v's.

55C is not bad but if you could get it to run cooler, that will only help you in the long run regardless of voltage used.
Good luck with it!

Last edited by Bones; 08-28-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2009
Full Blown Addict

Have water on the way for it.
And newegg messed up my RAM RMA so I ordered a set of Gskill PI 1100s.