Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

General Discussion Anything Goes...

Old 06-19-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here
Default Introduce yourself

Every forum has to have a how do you do.

Granted this forum is starting out with a lot of names I personally recognize, but not everyone may know. Please take the time to introduce yourself, list your accomplishments (personal, professional or record breaking )

List your nom de guerre, you common name if you like. Something about yourself, and what you like to do (overclocking is obvious :p)

A sample maybe (all entries are entirely voluntary)

Nik
Other Niks
Forums
Real name
Profession
Hobbies
Benchmarks
Current HW
Prefered SW
About

Entirely voluntary fill in as little or as much as you like
Old 06-19-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

I will start

Neuromancer (I go by it or a l33t speak derivative of it most everywhere... sometimes neuro42... to combine 2 of my favorite books)

I have posted most everywhere from pronet to XS and most recently OCF, TR.net and her

Real name is Rich

Currently laid off :( Was a land surveyor. Among my myriad of jobs. I like variety just like my HW

Hobbies include, a junkies addiction to price/performance HW, latest and greatest SW, and running bench tests without hindering my rig in anyway (I bench production rigs... if I will not disable audio or LAN or anything to get more points. If I can not run it desktop, I will not bench it. well I will clarify "bench settings" which means not 24/7.. I have disabled Aero before to get an extra 50? points...) I am just not that addicted yet I guess

Benchmarks, I cant compare to the pros here. Best is 13.2K in vantage all air cooling and it happen recently despite the heat (I air cool)

Currently running AMD in my house ecept for 2 Pee4s)
AMD 550BE
920 quad
3600x2
4850e
duron750
2x 2.4 pee4s
and considering splitting my 4850s :o

Software, I love Vista... sorry its taboo, I do not like Mojave (IE windows 7) too buggy for me. I do not limit yself though I can run anything. From BASIC (when it was) to DOS, Windows, Sun, Linux/Unix and BSD. Even SPARC OSes are not out of my Ken.

About me:

Big tendency of mine.. call BS when I see it

EDIT: I like lite beers and good single malt scotch

Last edited by Neuromancer; 06-20-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-20-2009
Full Blown Addict

hellcamino is on a distinguished road

Nik hellcamino
Other Niks hellcamino...but you can call me Daddy!
Forums too many to list
Real name Frank
Profession uber pwner
Hobbies pwning
Benchmarks your mom
Current HW I broke most of it
Prefered SW Call of Duty Series
About it

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 06-20-2009
Senior Overclockaholic

Buckeye will become famous soon enough

Nik is Buckeye and that is what I use on every fourm, if I can.

Some forums that name has been taken, strange eh, so I make up some form of Buckeye... like EVGA it's BuckeyeSSD, BPC it's *Buckeye

Other forums I visit are XS, 411,TRF, Blazing PC which I pretty much just visit, but liking it here more and more.

Profession:
Working 10 years at Lawence Livermore Lab in Livermore CA I thought I was a Mechanical Engineer in Weapons Test Division but later moved to Military Applications with the Directors of the Lab doing presentations for the Big Guys. Then moved into the Tech Art Department.

Later in life I became a Graphic Artist if the Flexo Printing Industry doing food & automotive labels. I do have my Herbalife business still going which I did pretty darn well at for a few years, in fact it funded just about all of my hardware. Now I am not sure what I am LOL.

Hobbies:
Well I am here and this is my major hobby however I do like to game also. I have played just about all online games from SWG, Anarchy, DAoC, WoW etc. DAoC was great fun for awhile and had a pretty good guild at the time. Pre-NGE SWG I really liked.

Jumpgate was my first online game. Played WoW for far to long, I do think it is one of the best online RPG's out there. But now I have gotten back to the old board games that have made there way to the computer, some I played when very young before computers. I am really likeing this one right now, Commander - Europe at War

Benchmarks:
As I am GPU poor atm I pretty much only do CPU benches. Keeping with with all aspec's of hardware at the same time is just to darn costly for me anymore.

Current HW:
Main rig is EVGA X58 MB with 12gigs RAM, Core I7 920, 8x MTRON PRO SSD's on a ARC-1231ML in Raid 0. 6x HD's for a total of about 4TB's of storage. 2x 9800gx2's for Quad SLI and other stuff I need to get the Jinu Cooling tower connected back up to the main rig also, I was using it for benching but the MonstaCade has taken it's place so it's back to the main rig and 24/7 use.

Prefered SW:
I am running Windows 7 atm and made the complete switch over. Ultimate Office Suite, Expression Studio, Adobe products and a whole lot of other stuff

About:
I have been spending a lot of time the last few days trying to get my bench area all cleaned up, combined the office and bench area into one room which is getting a bit out of hand LOL.

My favorvite place is Bodaga Bay above SF which I get over to every chance I can. I love the small laid back fishing village type settings. I can picture my benching room with a window over looking the bay and ocean.

I have pretty much full setups for all types of extreme cooling, from SS Phase's, LN2 pots and Dewar and the new addition of the MonstaCade which I cannot begin to tell you how sweet it is to be able to run at -110c and not pour any LN2. LN2 will now be pretty much used for GPU's unless a chip warrents going colder than the MonstaCade can do. I do not have that many GPU's and nothing really new so LN2 will not be used all that much anymore. I do have a full Dewar atm and my Taylor Wharton 50L holds it for a very longt time.

Naturally I aspire to be a top bencher and going down that long hard road to be noticed and get ranked up there on top. I have been in only one major event and that was the Gigabyte GOOC 09 in LA where I think this old fart did pretty well for a first timer in the mix with some of the best over clockers in the US. I didn't want to show up all these young pups there to bad LOL

Generally speaking tho I am a pretty laid back type and just enjoy pushing hardware for fun, and where ever that leads me to is ok with me

There are many good friends I have made over time in this sport, and hopefully many more to make !

As you can see by the pic I still have more work to do on the benching room, but it's a start
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1189.jpg (104.3 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Buckeye; 06-20-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 06-20-2009
OCA Gladiator

punx223 will become famous soon enough

ok here we go

Nik: Punx223

Other Niks: mostly punx223 everywhere but on my truck forum is Chevracer83

Forums: Pretty much all of them, if its performance computers you can bet im registered

Profession: Tech at EVGA, worked for General motors for 7 years though

Hobbies: overclocking/benching also building performance cars/trucks

Benchmarks: hell all of them especially hwbot

Current HW:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p (chipset on water)
E8600 on water
2X 4870 512's
Patriot ssd's raid 0
soon to be new HX1000 thanks Kal

Prefered SW: win7 has become my os of choice as of recent

About: First overclocking was changing crystals for different freq... if any of you can remember taht, it was many moons ago, and been doin it ever since, hell i remember overclocking by jumper lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
You mean you don't have one of the uber secret 6.6GHz Gulftown pots?
Old 06-20-2009
OCA Gladiator

2chesapeakes is on a distinguished road

Nik = 2chesapeakes. The name comes from my 2 chesapeakes bay retrievers.
Other Niks none
Forums here XS and 411
Jeff
Profession: Master Electrician and Construction Supervisor. Most recently I was emplayed by a firm out of Columbia MD and am remodeling Mission Critical Facilities. The firm is a full consulting, design engineer, and construction management firm. We work all over the US and have joint ventures over seas.
We take areas like this:
12-5-08 008.jpg
and turn them into this:
4-30-09 033.jpg
4-30-09 034.jpg
4-30-09 035.jpg
4-30-09 037.jpg
4-30-09 036.jpg
Hobbies: Benching, hunting, and fishing.
Benchmarks all
Current HW too much
Prefered SW none
About: to becoma a father again in December. My wife had 1 YO when I met her and I consider him my first son.
Baby (Large).jpg
Old 06-20-2009
OCA Gladiator

Congratulations 2chesapeakes

I have 3 kids, eldest is from marriage, but I have been her daddy since she was almost 3 years old (going on 12 now) So I know exactly what you mean
Old 06-20-2009
OCA Gladiator

punx223 will become famous soon enough

wow jeff congrats bro, long time no talky man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
You mean you don't have one of the uber secret 6.6GHz Gulftown pots?
Old 06-20-2009
Senior Overclockaholic

Buckeye will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by punx223 View Post
Oh yes, get Jeff on the phone and he will talk your ear off. Make sure you have no plans for a few hours before even thinking about it

Just kidding Jeff
Old 06-20-2009
OCA Gladiator

2chesapeakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Oh yes, get Jeff on the phone and he will talk your ear off. Make sure you have no plans for a few hours before even thinking about it

Just kidding Jeff
And I still need to pick your brain on this finicky board. This 975 doesn't play nice on ear. I need to get the dewar filled but it will be a few weeks. I did manage to get a 205 bclk but it was definately not even close to stable. Forgot to save the dump file also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punx223 View Post
Yeah been busy trying to close the job out and helping the wife around the house