Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Hardware Section » CPUs » AMD » 3 CPUs to bench with tonight.

Notices

Old 02-14-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here
Default 3 CPUs to bench with tonight.

Trying to get driver installs all finished up before 4:30, going to babysit my Sister's kids for her tonight. Then I will image the OS.

Got my new bench station operational (not finished yet, need some longer tubing and such and some wire management and get around to cutting the aluminum for the PCI expansion brackets and fan holders. But it is good enough to work for tonight

Up first will be learning the board and AMD DDR3 of course, I have some 1600 9-9-9 1.5v ripjaws stuck in there, and OCZ platniums 7-7-7 I forget what voltage but think it was pretty high)

Got drivers installed for WinFLP for pifast, superpi and 3d01, and Windows 7.. for wPrime and AM3. Vista is up next for everything else.

Should be an interesting night to say the least. Wont be doing any 3d benching tonight... but just going to run them to keep in practice. Eventually I will get another X58 setup for some 3d bointing action

Starting off with sempron 140 tonight

Next up on the block is a Athlon x2 215

Finally the Ath II 620. Already had it at 4+ GHz with my DDR2 setup, hoping this stronger board will push me a bit further

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 02-15-2010
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

How'd the session go Rich?
Old 02-16-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Not finished installing OSes yet. Trying to find a softclocker for AMD for those extra pieces. Going to try out SetFSB tonight.

AOD works great but I cant get it to run with MAXMEM set.

Old 02-16-2010
OCA Gladiator

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough

Best of luck bro ... let us know how you make out

Take it to da House ...........................
Old 02-16-2010
OCA Gladiator

Thanks Witchy. I intend too

Old 02-16-2010
OCA Gladiator

Okay.. well little luck with high HT REF posting so going to play around with this and use this time to learn the arch.

Got the 620 in an some 1600 MHz 1.5v 9-9-9 1T 4GB kit gskill ripjaws

RAM boots easy peasy at 1800.. 1900 just wont post.. will see how it works out once I get into the ram settings.

Booting 2400 MHZ CPUNB no sweat of course... going to find my ceiling there without tweaking much... then try again on the CPU clocking.

4GHz was easy on the DDR2 setup, was hoping it would be even easier on DDR3, that might not be the case though.. CPU multi is down at 10X for now while I learn the mem subsystem though.

Old 02-18-2010
OCA Gladiator

MWAHAHAHAHA

Had to crash last night about 2 AM but think I have the softclocking issue fixed. The motherboard comes with a built in keyboard "EVBot" so to speak. Using that works flawlessly

I pulled the LCD poster off thinking maybe that was the issue, broke a wire on it of course. Found more info about Tweakit and had to reattach it

Of course in disconnecting it I also broke one of the wires. (I do that all the time on these little ass connectors ARGH) so stripped hte wire a bit.. placed it in a spade bit and jammed on of the spade bit terminals into the socket. Good as used

Hitting the shower and doing some house stuff. I expect to be crossing the 4 GHz mark here in about 45 minutes

Old 02-18-2010
OCA Gladiator

Or I could fight with Riva tuner for 2 hours. :p

Old 02-20-2010
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
MWAHAHAHAHA

Had to crash last night about 2 AM but think I have the softclocking issue fixed. The motherboard comes with a built in keyboard "EVBot" so to speak. Using that works flawlessly

I pulled the LCD poster off thinking maybe that was the issue, broke a wire on it of course. Found more info about Tweakit and had to reattach it

Of course in disconnecting it I also broke one of the wires. (I do that all the time on these little ass connectors ARGH) so stripped hte wire a bit.. placed it in a spade bit and jammed on of the spade bit terminals into the socket. Good as used

Hitting the shower and doing some house stuff. I expect to be crossing the 4 GHz mark here in about 45 minutes
Built in Evbot purportrator, lol.
Old 02-20-2010
OCA Gladiator

Well things turned out not horrible. I knew the chips did not have a lot of boints in them... but still managed to grab 20+ out of two setups. The real culprit is upcoming tomorrow. (Might switch it over tonight, but thats doubtful)

Found out the sempron clocks much better as a dual, so wasted a lot of time on that with little bointing to be gained from it.

Corrupted Vista install.. so reimaging. is necessary too (all 10 minutes of that )