Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

General Discussion Anything Goes...

Old 07-01-2017
OCA Gladiator Retired Legend

Patch is on a distinguished road
Default What's up?

I was at the California Academy of Sciences mineral/gem exhibit today with my oldest boy and the silicone exhibit got me feeling nostalgic about Vegas - so I logged on to see how people are doing.

Hope 2017 is treating everybody well so far.

It exists!
Old 07-03-2017
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Wuddup Patch, still alive, kickin. Left the forum lights on for reunions n stuff, lol.
Old 07-07-2017

Good man, Kal.

Been busy. Joined the reserves in 2013 and was awarded a visit to Mesopotamia this past winter. Recently got suckered into heading my department at the civilian gig. Graduated my daughter from HS and stupidly agreed to send her 1/2 way across the country for college next month. Now we're in the midst of remodeling 2 bathrooms and doing hardwood in the house.

I'm kind of tired, but pretty content.

One of my kid's adventurous friends is heading the opposite direction to your neck of the woods to attend U of Hawaii in the Fall. Any tips I should pass on to a wide eyed kid from the mainland?

It exists!
Old 07-08-2017
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

OH wow, lucky duck going to U of H. I'd give the same advice you'd give to any kid headed out into the open wild world on their own.......Be safe in the things you do and be smart about how you do them.

Depending on where you're from, Hawaii can be a bit of a culture shock being that there are so many different cultures/quirks in the melting pot. I'm sure he/she will be fine with a pinch of tolerance and sunscreen.

Congrats on the graduation to higher education, thats one hurdle down

Mesopotamia? Oh man i hope that went as well as possible.

My kitchen sink leaked, ruined cabinets and all downstairs flooring, had to replace granite. We're about 3/4 way thru renovating the entire downstairs and kitchen now. House was upside down for a couple weeks. Having no stove/sink/microwave takes you back to the stone ages, brutal.

I got five left on the job and i'm done, currently working 16-18hr shifts off the midnight schedule. I'm half-dead most of the time but I always make room for some type of gaming.

Me, OC_Maximus, his brother, my son and another Hawaii local get together on Discord for some Star Citizen, Elder Scrolls, Battlefield, Battlefront, Ghost Recon or whatever else floats. Buckeye joins in from time to time.

If tech is still overclockable when I retire, that'l prolly be my gig when work's over and done with.
Old 07-12-2017

No microwave? That's barbaric.

Iraq wasn't too bad. Summer would have been much worse.

Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Tough schedule, but 5 years should pass quickly.

I think she'll do fine. Her lucky parents will have a cool place to visit their kid.

My own daughter is heading to Notre Dame. No winter vacations in shorts and flip flops for me and the missus. Kid ought to have been more thoughtful.....

It exists!