Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Graphics / Other For all You Other Software's....

Old 11-21-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here
Default nLite removal list

Well after failing to slipstream raid drivers into WinFLP :( I am going to have to use nLite on XP.

Building 2 OSes, on a 2D benchmark one for old 3D (AM3/01)

Any suggestions on bare minimum? I don't need networking on the 2D OS, but will on 3D for submissions (wireless for now)

Setup is for X58 with raid0 array, and 1TB storage drive.

Figure I can play around with 2D, odds are I can't remove too much But not so sure with 3D.

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 11-22-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Bah nevermind. nLite as usual wasted a good few hours of my life.

Got WinFLP installed to raid now using the tried and true method of installing XP with out a floppy drive (install to IDE drive, install raid drivers, install raid array in BIOS image IDE drive to raid ) Two OS's installed and imaged in under 2 hours

Old 11-25-2009
OCA Gladiator

karmakazi will become famous soon enough

nLite is a time waster, but nothing will help more in understanding OS and various components of it. I did my time by buying a 100pack of CD-Rs and using a virtual machine to test!
Old 11-25-2009
MIA POML

Chuchnit will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakazi View Post
nLite is a time waster, but nothing will help more in understanding OS and various components of it. I did my time by buying a 100pack of CD-Rs and using a virtual machine to test!
So you saw no improvements by having a stripped down OS? I have no definitive proof but it seems like superpi is more efficient and 3d01 I had more consistant scores with a stripped down OS.

Do you just bench with a full blown OS then?

http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=13
Old 11-25-2009
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakazi View Post
100 CDRas a nd a VM? Why did you not just mount ISOs

I would test in VMs but what worked in a VM does not work so well in reality for some reason.

I used to hand code my own unattended CDs but did not play with removing parts. One of these days I will sit down with the unattended generator for WinFLP and give it more than a few minutes attention.