Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Overclocking Section » Overclocking Utilities/Benches » 2 weeks left! before it all gos down got more Question!

Notices

Overclocking Utilities/Benches We All Need Em...

Old 03-02-2010
OCA Gladiator

kikicoco1334 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down 2 weeks left! before it all gos down got more Question!

so spring break is coming up, i don't think i am going anywhere so i monna be home doing a lot bench work..
i just got a few cpu here is a list
Pentium 4 520 - SL7J5
Core 2 Duo E8300 - SLAPJ
Core 2 Duo E6400 - SL9S9
and my baby Core 2 Quad Q6600 D0
i am mainly gonna be working off s775 based,
1 754 Athlon 64 3200+ [using software overclock BIOS doesn't support OC]
1 AM2 Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (the one with 2MB L2 the older one) i got a older asus crosshair

for the s775 base i was thinking about doing A LOT futuremark based like 3DMark 06, i already did my research and seems like Windows Vista x86 works the best, Question #1 is Core 2 Quad the best for 3DMark06 or Core 2 Duo better? i been reading, alot people loves using E8300 for gaming they say is faster is that true?

i have been doing the march event on hwbot.com, and i am using the northwood pentium 4 3.0 oc to 3.7** and some people is beating me with a 2.66 oc to 3.5**, Question #2 is wPrime based on FSB or over all GHz?
http://hwbot.org/competition/hoc_mar10

maybe i shouldn't ask this but Question #3 what ever i am overclock should i lap my cpu no matter what? and [b]Sub-#3[b] or should i just remove the IHS from the cpu? i did it on my older northwood and all my older AMD chips up till that 6000+ X2 and on the intel northwoods it didn't seem made any diff at all is that just me or is it just doing it for fun?

i got to go to class now but i will be posting more things with my phone
Old 03-02-2010
OCA Gladiator

is there no one reading this place?
btw i am benching my old 7950GT on 3DMark 06 but the thing is that my first score i did in hwbot.org is like 7301points that's when cpu is only 300mhz overlocked and ram is under clocked too, but now my cpu is running at 3.8 and ram is @ 1026mhz @ 5-4-4-12 the videocard is much more overclocked too but it's not near as high as what it did...
only diff is the 7301 score is with a asus / intel chipset and i am using the evga 780i and max score i hit is like 71** WTF?! same os too!
Old 03-02-2010
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Sry Kiki, I read it but didn't reply because I had to head out, plus I wanted to think about it.

Q1A: The Core 2 Quad scores a higher cpu 1, cpu 2 test score than any dual core (unless its a 6.5ghz dual core). Those GAYMERZ know nothing.
Q2A: wprime is primarily based on sheer cpu clock speed and subtle influences by Ram Mhz/Timings. I recall higher FSB providing lil quicker scores (at least thats the excuse foamer gave for me beating his booty)hahah
Q3A: Lapping does have benefits for most Air h/s and waterblocks. I'm not sure about the new blocks and h/s. Removing the IHS can be hazardous, some of those guys that you see go thru a couple chips before they successfully have a removed IHS that works.
Q4A: your video card may require v-modding to open up further or its just maxed its scaling potential out. imo

You have near a 100 hw points, you kicki-asssy
Old 03-02-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
Sry Kiki, I read it but didn't reply because I had to head out, plus I wanted to think about it.

Q1A: The Core 2 Quad scores a higher cpu 1, cpu 2 test score than any dual core (unless its a 6.5ghz dual core). Those GAYMERZ know nothing.
Q2A: wprime is primarily based on sheer cpu clock speed and subtle influences by Ram Mhz/Timings. I recall higher FSB providing lil quicker scores (at least thats the excuse foamer gave for me beating his booty)hahah
Q3A: Lapping does have benefits for most Air h/s and waterblocks. I'm not sure about the new blocks and h/s. Removing the IHS can be hazardous, some of those guys that you see go thru a couple chips before they successfully have a removed IHS that works.
Q4A: your video card may require v-modding to open up further or its just maxed its scaling potential out. imo

You have near a 100 hw points, you kicki-asssy
nothing at all!
i was just wandering.. i thought most people don't come here

thank you so much kal!

i am just doing my job and trying not let any of my teammate down that's all
for the back then when i first trying to learn remove IHS i did kill a amd x4 chip

i been testing my 7950GT from noon till now, and i really think it's the motherboard that's bring down the score cuz when i reinstalled vista 32 and 64 twice of each and 764 once and score seem to me not changing much, i oced my core to 825MHz amd mem to 585 and the best score i got all day are around 7134

Last edited by kikicoco1334; 03-02-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2010
OCA Gladiator

FACE is on a distinguished road

I'd try testing that 7series under xp. That would be a nice mark just by itself.

Nooob#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
I think the flux capacitor caused the aeon influx inductors to mis-allign the dylithium crystals during transphotogenic mutation, but that's just because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Don't forget to delete System32!!!
Old 03-02-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACE411 View Post
I'd try testing that 7series under xp. That would be a nice mark just by itself.
will do!

i did mine under this
http://www.overclockers.com/windows-...-6-benchmarks/
in there windows vista is the best for 3dmark 06 =3

Last edited by kikicoco1334; 03-02-2010 at 06:35 PM.