Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Hardware Section » Monitors » Elevated LCD display

Notices

Monitors If It Is A Display...

Old 04-05-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here
Default Elevated LCD display

For some reason I forgot to do this... earlier just fixed it...

I have a Chieftec BL-01B Newegg images here The monitor mounts directly to the case via a slide.

Now I cant afford any high end LCD monitors with awesome viewing angles... so Inow that I have the PC mounted above my head as a secondary monitor with my 28" below it... I had to go back to what I was doing when I used it as an HTPC monitor.

THose of you around LCDs much now that you can walk up to a desk and view the image perfectly. But looking from below the monitor up at it hte viewing angle goes to crap and the whole image is dark and out of focus.

So...

Mount the monitor upside down Use CCC (or nvCP I assume) and flip the monitor 180 degrees in landscape view.

Walla! You have a monitor that with a little tilt (double bonus with this the tilt angle is better "up" than down. so flipping it allows me even more tilt.) I have a perfect image despite the bottom of the monitor being 8-12" above my head

Normally I do 3 wide monitors on my desk but with the addition of the Polk book shelf (monitor 40) speakers and 28" monitor 6' just aint as big as it used to be

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 04-05-2010
Beyond Help

Hondacity will become famous soon enough

pics please
Old 04-05-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Old 04-05-2010
Beyond Help

you're still facing down right? last time we had that problem we put a box under the monitor...lol
Old 04-05-2010
OCA Gladiator

Sorry that was 6' foot elevation here is one from where I sit.. but camera is forward looking not up looking

And yes the walls look like shit. When my sister has the money to buy wallboard those walls are getting ripped out. (I bought the ceiling cuz I am living here and could not like in a room with a ceiling that had holes in it) UGLY however is a whole nother story. I can live with that

Last edited by Neuromancer; 04-05-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2010
Beyond Help

ahhh ...from the first post it sounded like you had to look way down..but yeah it better now..the walls...well as long as you're warm..thats what matters.....sheesh its like winter here again...
Old 04-05-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
ahhh ...from the first post it sounded like you had to look way down..but yeah it better now..the walls...well as long as you're warm..thats what matters.....sheesh its like winter here again...
Sorry will reread and edit it if necessary. The thread title is "Elevated LCD"

Looking down on most monitors is not an issue (IME). Looking up at them is. so flipping it, makes looking up at them just like looking down at them. IE no problems

Walls are not insulated.. so no not really warm :p

It was a "summer home" 200 years ago. Plaster is pretty good at holding heat though...

Last edited by Neuromancer; 04-05-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2010
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

SG ftw