Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Overclocking Section » General Overclocking Talk » Wake me up when September ends.......

Notices

General Overclocking Talk General Talk...

Old 09-01-2012
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

so no Ib-e for another year at least? Why do I get suckered into Intel
"x" platforms when they always suck?

Oh maybe they are trying to fix all the issues SB-E and IB has first?

As for AMD, Pile driver is launched in October last I read. Specific platform availability is questionable. I took advantage of the market and sold my Thuban for more than I paid for it BEFORE bulldozer launch, well made much more because I sold it international style . I traded a $100 mobo for it initially and sold it for $170. But such windfalls are rare and more often than not I eat a TON of money. Like right now got a bum x79 board and was told by the buyer "quad channel only works with specific ram". worked in my gigabutt board. So picked up 2 dual channel d9 kits. (Ballistix Sport on sale right now on newegg for, under $25 bucks shipped w00t) and will try them.

Ordering from newegg is like rolling dice though. Not sure if I will have it this wednesday or friday. All depends on the warehouse that shipped and labor day weekend is not going to help. then again I am preaching to the choir except for Kal and OCM

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 09-02-2012
OCA Gladiator

PhIlLy ChEeSe is on a distinguished road

Well its good to hear your still in the game Mancer!

Old 09-06-2012
Beyond Help

MaadDaawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
so no Ib-e for another year at least? Why do I get suckered into Intel
"x" platforms when they always suck?

Oh maybe they are trying to fix all the issues SB-E and IB has first?

As for AMD, Pile driver is launched in October last I read. Specific platform availability is questionable. I took advantage of the market and sold my Thuban for more than I paid for it BEFORE bulldozer launch, well made much more because I sold it international style . I traded a $100 mobo for it initially and sold it for $170. But such windfalls are rare and more often than not I eat a TON of money. Like right now got a bum x79 board and was told by the buyer "quad channel only works with specific ram". worked in my gigabutt board. So picked up 2 dual channel d9 kits. (Ballistix Sport on sale right now on newegg for, under $25 bucks shipped w00t) and will try them.

Ordering from newegg is like rolling dice though. Not sure if I will have it this wednesday or friday. All depends on the warehouse that shipped and labor day weekend is not going to help. then again I am preaching to the choir except for Kal and OCM
Amazon Prime the only way to go

www.maaddaawg.com
Old 09-19-2012
OCA Gladiator

PhIlLy ChEeSe is on a distinguished road

Well, I have moved for work. So im now located in the Chicago/Addison Il. Area anyone in the neighborhood feel free to look me up/message me......
Thank you!