Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Overclocking Section » General Overclocking Talk » Shold i shell out the extra dough for the warranty

Notices

General Overclocking Talk General Talk...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2011
Aspiring Overclocker

lesstutrey is just getting started
Default Shold i shell out the extra dough for the warranty

Should i just buy a used x58 board on the cheap, or get like a ga-x58a-oc for 250$ after MIR. I ask this because i'm gonna bench with it, and i'll probably end up using ln2 on it, for sure it will be seeing my single stage again, and i have worries about my insulation ability (did fine with -50, -196 i am not so sure about). Go cheap and just be really anal in my eraser application and risk killing one to save a few bucks or spend a bit more and have some sort of peace of mind. Thoughts, anyone? So far i think i've done everything right in getting ready for ln2, got a commando cheap that wasn't nearly the investment, and some chips from a couple guys around here that have proven these cpus (Patch and Splave, ty) and a few d9 kits, and obviously after doing some frequency benching i'll want to do some benchmark benching, i know there is fun in pursuing 7ghz+, but gotta have it at least somewhat stable sometime, right? So i'll be needing a decent x58 setup, waiting for ivy in the mean time, and i already have a proven chip (well, don't know if it scales, but i maxed my board before the chip on 1.45v and SS cooling). I would just mod the bloodrage gti but i'm scared to do that, those things are tiny compared to commando mod. And i'd go SD-E, but i already have a 1366 chip that i spent way too much on about 1 1/2 years ago

Last edited by lesstutrey; 11-01-2011 at 08:56 PM.