Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Graphics / Other For all You Other Software's....

Old 07-16-2010
OCA Gladiator

punx223 will become famous soon enough
Default HTPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
I have a Sempron 140 unlocked at 3.6 in my HTPC. No trouble at all with 1080P blu-ray as long as you run a card with hardware acceleration (I have a silent pipe 4550HD). I think even Atom can do HTPCs fine.

One of those i3 530 + H55 deals from frys or microcenter are perfect for HTPCs.

Im trying to decide if I want to grab one of the X58 LEs for $80, or run 2 hours to MC for an ASUS P55 with 8x8 and SATA3 for $90 with an i5 650 for $140.
Problem with B stock is no extras and 90 day warranty.
cecil,

what software do you run for blu ray playback?? I just built a P55 HTPC with a maximus III gene and X3440 SSD raid 0+1 for OS and 3 WD 1TB blacks for storage. and prolly goin with a 460 0nce i figure out which model I want....

but trying to figure out the software side is problematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
You mean you don't have one of the uber secret 6.6GHz Gulftown pots?
Old 07-16-2010
Full Blown Addict

Cecil is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by punx223 View Post
cecil,

what software do you run for blu ray playback?? I just built a P55 HTPC with a maximus III gene and X3440 SSD raid 0+1 for OS and 3 WD 1TB blacks for storage. and prolly goin with a 460 0nce i figure out which model I want....

but trying to figure out the software side is problematic
You can use VLC, Media Player, or Media Player classic. I just started using Media Player classic and like it the best. A lot of blu-ray movies when I rip them, wont have audio unless being played with VLC or MPC, and VLC doesnt have hardware acceleration as far as I know. Everytime I use it, there are moments where it freezes to sync up, and CPU usage is around 45%. With MPC it stays under 5% and no problems.

There are some codecs and what not you need though, Ill list them in a bit. I dont remember exactly what I used, but have them saved to a USB drive.
Old 07-16-2010
OCA Gladiator

DOM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
You can use VLC, Media Player, or Media Player classic. I just started using Media Player classic and like it the best. A lot of blu-ray movies when I rip them, wont have audio unless being played with VLC or MPC, and VLC doesnt have hardware acceleration as far as I know. Everytime I use it, there are moments where it freezes to sync up, and CPU usage is around 45%. With MPC it stays under 5% and no problems.

There are some codecs and what not you need though, Ill list them in a bit. I dont remember exactly what I used, but have them saved to a USB drive.
I just use Combined Community Codec Pack
http://www.cccp-project.net/
Old 07-16-2010
Full Blown Addict

Cecil is just getting started

Ive got avisynth, halli media splitter and ffd show on here.
Old 07-17-2010
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickss69 View Post
How would a i5 670 or similar fare in a rig such as that? Reason I ask is they clock so well with less heat, even on air and good mb's are dirt cheap for these chips.
Dunno, prolly well though. Just get a micro mobo with it. I have an i3 in this one. Love this little cpu.

Last edited by DrNip; 07-17-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2010
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Moved into new thread since its an attention getting topic.
Old 07-17-2010
OCA Gladiator

FACE is on a distinguished road

I use the K-lite mega codec pack. It uses media player classic, and adds enough codecs and software that Media Center can play back bluray. MKV format rips have to be played through Media Player Classic or VLC.

LINK

Nooob#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
I think the flux capacitor caused the aeon influx inductors to mis-allign the dylithium crystals during transphotogenic mutation, but that's just because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Don't forget to delete System32!!!

Last edited by FACE; 07-17-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2010
Beyond Help

Splave will become famous soon enough

guys is there anyway to get a nvidia card to scale 1080p properly? On my 46incher the only way is to set 1920x1080 (it will be zoomed in and not all screen viewable) then use Control panel to scale it back to 1782x1030 or something like that and causes text to be blurred and its not sharp at all. OS win7, tryed old drivers new drivers everything. messed with refresh rate etc. This is using hdmi to hdmi chord (not using hdmi sound either)

Tryed on 8800gts, gtx-2600, 8600gt all do the same exact thing. Plugged my 4870 in and bam no issues at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
when those trolls start making love your VGA has no chance!
Old 07-17-2010
OCA Gladiator

FACE is on a distinguished road

It probably has less to do with the card, but more on how the card sees your lcd panel.... Look for an overscan or underscan setting in the nvcontrol panel, if not, then make sure you have the right aspect set in your tv menu (not in the computer). A lot of tv's have over/under scan settings in them as well.

Edit: With Nvidia on my tv I have to underscan, with ATI I have to overscan. That is through hdmi.

Nooob#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
I think the flux capacitor caused the aeon influx inductors to mis-allign the dylithium crystals during transphotogenic mutation, but that's just because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Don't forget to delete System32!!!

Last edited by FACE; 07-17-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 07-17-2010
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splave View Post
guys is there anyway to get a nvidia card to scale 1080p properly? On my 46incher the only way is to set 1920x1080 (it will be zoomed in and not all screen viewable) then use Control panel to scale it back to 1782x1030 or something like that and causes text to be blurred and its not sharp at all. OS win7, tryed old drivers new drivers everything. messed with refresh rate etc. This is using hdmi to hdmi chord (not using hdmi sound either)

Tryed on 8800gts, gtx-2600, 8600gt all do the same exact thing. Plugged my 4870 in and bam no issues at all.
Never had this problem on my 40" TV's. Sounds like it is a setting in your TV to me.