Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Software Section » Graphics / Other » which browser do you use most ?

Notices

Graphics / Other For all You Other Software's....

View Poll Results: Which browser do you use most ?
FireFox 16 50.00%
Opera 4 12.50%
Internet Explorer 9 28.13%
Safari 1 3.13%
Chrome 2 6.25%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2009
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanka12345 View Post
FireFox Simply the best!

Who uses IE these days?
me
Old 07-14-2009
Full Blown Addict

hellcamino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
In a comparison vs IE the first two are probably true. The third is entirely speculative.

I agree Frank that Opera would seem to be the nerds choice, (because of the numbers of features it has that only a developer or severely retarded person would even want to play around with like changing the appearance of web pages, editing cookies, full out network controls etc) However it is also so much simpler than other browser alternatives, since it really does everything any other browser can do, without needing 3rd party add-ons.

So in effect, it really should be the layman's browser of choice, since it is an install and forget about it.
I am truly mystified by this one, it does have the most built in shit of any browser out, is 110% reliable and stable and is very easy to configure and tweak as you see fit.

By contrast, IE = virus magnet, Firefox is catching up on that score while leading the pack for memory leaks. Safari seems to work fine on a Mac but I don't dig the layout personally, Chrome (beta) broke my network settings when I uninstalled it due to it being a steaming pile of cow dung.

To each their own I guess

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 07-15-2009
Aspiring Overclocker

Shahryar_NEO will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcamino View Post
Why screw around making a browser that isn't Opera as much like Opera as possible when you can just use Opera?

On a side note I was definitely wrong in my thinking that Opera would be more likely to be the nerd 's browser of choice...lmao
no if you're a LOGICAL person you'll figure out that any browser has some advantages and disadvantages ! opera has many some good point , too . but when you can get those advantages with extensions to firefox and have features , speed and etc advantages in firefox . it's stupid to do that ?! you say that if we hang on opera for those advantages and leave firefox features are more logical ?!

that's why i called it's important to firefox is a OPEN SOURCE browser !!!
Old 07-15-2009
Aspiring Overclocker

Quote:
In a comparison vs IE the first two are probably true. The third is entirely speculative.

I agree Frank that Opera would seem to be the nerds choice, (because of the numbers of features it has that only a developer or severely retarded person would even want to play around with like changing the appearance of web pages, editing cookies, full out network controls etc) However it is also so much simpler than other browser alternatives, since it really does everything any other browser can do, without needing 3rd party add-ons.

So in effect, it really should be the layman's browser of choice, since it is an install and forget about it.
i think layman's browser would be IE not opera ! opera users are who is more sophisticated in web browsing and want to have full integrated browser but after a while if you use firefox and you its extensions you'll know that over 80% of opera advantages found in firefox extensions . so what's wrong to use firefox ?

and about hellcamino who said that firefox use more memory it's related to you're using . in cold start yes but in warm start no ! even if it use more memory it will be smooth and without hanging !
Old 07-15-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

All the reports I can find show Opera as the fastest browser with one exception.

javacsript. Fx takes the cake there.

BUT...

Fx is not a full standard complaint browser apparently either only scoring a 75 on the acid test.

Everything I have read shows Opera nudging out the new Safari in speedtests.

Perhaps there are extensions that you are using that is making Fx faster?

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 07-15-2009
Aspiring Overclocker

Quote:
All the reports I can find show Opera as the fastest browser with one exception.

javacsript. Fx takes the cake there.

BUT...

Fx is not a full standard complaint browser apparently either only scoring a 75 on the acid test.

Everything I have read shows Opera nudging out the new Safari in speedtests.

Perhaps there are extensions that you are using that is making Fx faster?
Firefox 3.6 was so faster than opera 9.6x but i'll test again with Opera 10 to have a new charts but in javascript i sure that FX is faster .

but attention that firefox gets 96 on acid test so it could be a complaint browser . if you see those other tests that firefox failed in acid 3 you figure out it's not so important things for the proof you can see most of the websites are complaint on fx but not has a good view on opera .

i suggest you to use firefox 3.6 a1pre and tell me your feedback about speed . I think 3.6 is fastest but again if you want faster there are some tweaks you can do . nothing is fixed in firefox
Old 07-15-2009
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

3.6 does seem faster.
Old 07-15-2009
Classicplatforms Warrior

Mr.Scott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
FireFox Simply the best!

Who uses IE these days?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
me
me too
Old 07-15-2009
Classicplatforms Warrior

Bones is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scott View Post
me too
Me three...
Old 07-16-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahryar_NEO View Post
Firefox 3.6 was so faster than opera 9.6x but i'll test again with Opera 10 to have a new charts but in javascript i sure that FX is faster .

but attention that firefox gets 96 on acid test so it could be a complaint browser . if you see those other tests that firefox failed in acid 3 you figure out it's not so important things for the proof you can see most of the websites are complaint on fx but not has a good view on opera .

i suggest you to use firefox 3.6 a1pre and tell me your feedback about speed . I think 3.6 is fastest but again if you want faster there are some tweaks you can do . nothing is fixed in firefox

I have not tried Fx 3.6

I recently was running 3.5, and it works, it is definitely a decent browser. Deal breaker for me was no "fit ti width" button. Once you have used it you just can not live with out it ohcrap

There is a "fit ti width" extension for Fx, but I think it does the exact opposite of what it does in opera. I believe the extension stretches sites to fill the whole window, for all those people that designed their sites in photoshop and did not know that you can use percentages instead of fixed pixel widths when setting up a website, so you get that stripe in the center of the page. Opera's shrinks pictures down to the width of your window so when you are reading forums and people post giant pictures the forum retains readability.

Speed, yah Fx really dominates the javascript speed tests, not sure what that means TBH, as I am not a developer.

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."