Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

General Discussion Anything Goes...

Old 10-05-2015
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here
Default Still Alive

Hey Guys

Talked to OCM a couple weeks ago and promised to stop by and have a shout.

A lot has gone on in the last bit for me. I decided my life was not complicated enough so got back with my ex, am currently in second year of school working on Engineering degree. (Have not focused on Civil or Computer yet, plan was the former but leaning back to computer Hardware... ) Fourth child is due in December, after a decade of no babies... oh and about ready to sign the papers on a house purchase.

1700 sq ft two story with full attic and basement, built around 1900, mostly wrap around porch and my favorite part... 4 acres of land, three of which is wooded so I will get plenty of exercise providing fuel for the wood stove. Lots of room for an RC car track for my son and I as well. Deer and Turkey on the property so food will be plentiful

Currently in a campground living in a 5th wheel RV so the move is VERY anticipated.

Looking forward to getting back into technology if I do go with a hardware engineering degree, I just lost my job as a Land Surveyor Crew Chief, so Civil Engineering is not looking as likely right now. Hardware engineers make more money and have better job prospects at this point, but do not get to work outside... so its a toss up , I do not want to have to resort to going to a Gym to stay healthy lol

Enough about me, what is new with you guys??

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."

Last edited by Neuromancer; 10-05-2015 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-05-2015
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Hey Guys

Talked to OCM a couple weeks ago and promised to stop by and have a shout.

A lot has gone on in the last bit for me. I decided my life was not complicated enough so got back with my ex, am currently in second year of school working on Engineering degree. (Have not focused on Civil or Computer yet, plan was the former but leaning back to computer Hardware... ) Fourth child is due in December, after a decade of no babies... oh and about ready to sign the papers on a house purchase.

1700 sq ft two story with full attic and basement, built around 1900, mostly wrap around porch and my favorite part... 4 acres of land, three of which is wooded so I will get plenty of exercise providing fuel for the wood stove. Lots of room for an RC car track for my son and I as well. Deer and Turkey on the property so food will be plentiful

Currently in a campground living in a 5th wheel RV so the move is VERY anticipated.

Looking forward to getting back into technology if I do go with a hardware engineering degree, I just lost my job as a Land Surveyor Crew Chief, so Civil Engineering is not looking as likely right now. Hardware engineers make more money and have better job prospects at this point, but do not get to work outside... so its a toss up , I do not want to have to resort to going to a Gym to stay healthy lol

Enough about me, what is new with you guys??
Well that is mighty good news man, my thoughts drift to worrying bout you from time to time. Happy to see you still pushin on thru like a boss. You prolly coulda skipped being storked again but it apparently happens to the best of us, lol.

Hardware engineer looks like it has a bit more opportunity and stability going into the future and god knows how good you are with technical shit. Glad you popped in, keep us updated and don't be stranger than usual.
Old 12-19-2015
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

My Engineering professor may have lined me up with a new job, 40 man civil engineering firm. Going to check it out, because I am to old for school. LOL. (still gotta go though)

Not sure what to do, Computer engineering is definitely my strong suit. Land Surveying is just what I have been doing. (Closer to Civil Engineering)

Gotta be careful with computer engineering though cuz DAMN I hate programming. Its like I am 12 again.

Wife is getting induced on Monday... I told her the schedule..

Inducing at 9am, birth at 10am, home by noon. Hopefully she stays on track, probably not though she is former ARMY.

Overclocked my system for the first time in forever today, since I was mucking about in the BIOS of another system. Did not realize I have been running my 2400 MHZ RAM at 1333 MHz for the last year or so.

Shows how much Memory matters I guess! I went tighter rather than faster though and did not push it to a point of instability...

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."

Last edited by Neuromancer; 12-19-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2015
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Ahoy!

THar she blows a bump like a baby hill......

I'm pretty sure I'd be the class dunce if i went back. Thankfully I don't see that happening. Very nice seeing you pop in from time to time brother. Hope everything goes smoothly with the new egg.

2400mhz loose aint nuttin to write home about fur sure.
Old 12-20-2015
Lets Shake Things Up!!!

OC Maximus is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on the little one meng. How many is that now? 3, 4, 5?

Too old for school? I know the feeling. I'm currently on track to get my BSBA in 2.5 years. The biggest issue I have, aside from taking time away from the kids, is the motivation to keep going. There are a zillion more fun things than sitting at home and doing homework after work. Regardless, I'm gonna keep pushing.

Reading your ram thing made me check cpuz real quick to make sure I was running at the right speed, lol. 3200 mhz 16-18-18-T2 YeeHaw!