Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Overclocking Air & Water...

Old 11-24-2010
Beyond Help

Hondacity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
Pipes can get bent or because of really bad abuse, the working fluid can leak out from the pipes making it close to useless.
my thermalright heatpipes are ..abused so some rams could fit....i didn't see any change...

wait..which heatsink has fluid inside the heatpipes?
Old 11-24-2010
OCA Gladiator

thebanik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
my thermalright heatpipes are ..abused so some rams could fit....i didn't see any change...

wait..which heatsink has fluid inside the heatpipes?
Almost all heatpipe using heatsink use some sort of fluid, even thermalright does, . I know a couple of people who have broken those pipes but both of the times they were damaged while shipping, :(
EVGA Classified (MSI Pro-E, MSI Eclipse, DFI DK45 T2RS Plus, Foxconn Mars), Core i7 980 (Core i5 680, Core i7 950 Intel E8600, Intel QX9650, Intel Core2 Duo E8400), Thermalright Venomous X(CoolerMaster AquaGate mini R80), GSkill Trident 1600Mhz CL6 (GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz) , MSI GTX 580 (EVGA GTX 295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, Stacker 830 Nvidia Ed., CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion, 1TB + 500 GB + 500GB HDDs
Old 11-25-2010
Beyond Help

MaadDaawg is on a distinguished road

Lowered the multi and voltage. Running ever so slightly slower, teh temps are a little lower and the vcore can't be a bad thing... can it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg airbreathertwo.jpg (253.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Air Temps at Speed.jpg (248.7 KB, 10 views)

www.maaddaawg.com
Old 11-25-2010
Beyond Help

Hondacity will become famous soon enough

1.33v is great
Old 11-26-2010
Beyond Help

Talking A FEW PICS

a Look see at the Corsair A70 (mostly the top rofl) With the two fans I was barely able to fit it with the mobo HS but I wiggled it nice and it snapped in place just right. The push/pull fans on the A70 point up to the exhaust fan on top of the HAF. I used Corsair fans for the DIMMS( the larger fans) and I used an left over DDR2 fan setup to blow air over the VRs and moffsets. Not show cause it was added later is a little 40mm fan I attached to the mobo HS which actually help a touch. NB is the hottest chip on the board right now at about 57 so may yet put the water blocke on ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maad server guts.jpg (345.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg closeup of server cooling.jpg (290.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Overview.jpg (331.7 KB, 2 views)

www.maaddaawg.com
Old 11-26-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaadDaawg View Post
Lowered the multi and voltage. Running ever so slightly slower, teh temps are a little lower and the vcore can't be a bad thing... can it?
For a c stepping that is really low voltage.

You case have side panel fans? Funny I got the report on my review from ASUS and a sussequent thread started on ROG forums that claimed their IOH ran so cool compared to other setups like the classified.

My usage was exactly the opposite. Classified ran way cooler. But I had a DO... and we know how much power the chipset supplies to the CPU... so.. maybe D0 is less and keeps chipset cooler?

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."

Last edited by Neuromancer; 11-26-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2010
Lets Shake Things Up!!!

OC Maximus is on a distinguished road

I'm liking the looks of the A70, may just pick one up for the 24/7 rig @ Best Buy. Merry X-Mas to me

OCM

Old 12-06-2010
Beyond Help

For a C stepper that is insanely low voltage, but the chip is brand new back from RMA of a dead one. 4.2 is all I need this machine to push so why get it any hotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
For a c stepping that is really low voltage.

You case have side panel fans? Funny I got the report on my review from ASUS and a sussequent thread started on ROG forums that claimed their IOH ran so cool compared to other setups like the classified.

My usage was exactly the opposite. Classified ran way cooler. But I had a DO... and we know how much power the chipset supplies to the CPU... so.. maybe D0 is less and keeps chipset cooler?

www.maaddaawg.com