Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Cooling Performance Section » DICE & LN2 Cooling » L&L Overclocking Cryogenic Chiller The OCC

Notices

DICE & LN2 Cooling If You Have A Pot...

Old 10-07-2015
Shameful Lurker

LN2daddy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
Have you tested the OCC on a system with no Cold Bug or Cold Boot Bug? Say an AMD 1090T that can run full tilt at -196 or a system like a Intel 2600k that can have a varying cold bug at -30 thru -50?

I'm curious how quickly the system responds to heavy load temperature swing. Also curious on the price points. I know Vince Lucido dabbled in this area for both CPU and Multi-GPU overclocking some years ago but I never heard the results of that endeavor.
https://youtu.be/znv-5XjoG2ss
Here's a video of the machine running on a Pentium d at -106C. I have a Formula Z with a 8350 coming on Friday to show the system running as cold as it can go (hopefully -190 or better). with high watt temp swings. We will be launching our website in the next few days. Before then I can't talk price. We'll have some very nice promotionals to start out with though.
Old 10-07-2015
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Staying tuned.
Old 10-07-2015
Classicplatforms Warrior

Mr.Scott will become famous soon enough

Subbed
Old 10-17-2015
Shameful Lurker

Running -175C controlled on OC'd FX8350. Showing AMD Overdrive bench. https://youtu.be/RGm1oeDklos

Last edited by Kal-EL; 10-19-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-30-2015
Shameful Lurker

You should probably be able to run it at -190 to -199. Here is a vid of it running at -175C https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGm1oeDklos
Old 10-30-2015
Shameful Lurker

Quote:
Staying tuned.
I just replied with a video of the OCC running on an FX8350 at -175C.
Old 10-30-2015
Superenthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN2daddy View Post
I just replied with a video of the OCC running on an FX8350 at -175C.
Yah, I saw, OCC looks very capable. It's still untested in the "temp swing" area tho. 5ghz @1.40-1.46 vCore isn't much of a load on Ln2. 5ghz on that chip is completely do-able on water cooled systems. You'll see what I mean if when you get the overclock on that processor up to around 7ghz in the 1.8-1.9vCore range while running wprime32m, that's the zone where temp swing becomes critical because even a 10 degree shift can cause system lockup or bsod.

Having the OCC maintain stable temps there allows the overclocker to fine tune the system for maximum efficiency in any given benchmark. I think that is my main interest in your system. Being able to quickly and successfully maintain a pre-determined temp under heavy load without having to free-hand pour/compensate for load. Cruise mode overclocking behind the keyboard.

Looks good tho, cheers
Old 10-31-2015
Shameful Lurker

Quote:
Yah, I saw, OCC looks very capable. It's still untested in the "temp swing" area tho. 5ghz @1.40-1.46 vCore isn't much of a load on Ln2. 5ghz on that chip is completely do-able on water cooled systems. You'll see what I mean if when you get the overclock on that processor up to around 7ghz in the 1.8-1.9vCore range while running wprime32m, that's the zone where temp swing becomes critical because even a 10 degree shift can cause system lockup or bsod.

Having the OCC maintain stable temps there allows the overclocker to fine tune the system for maximum efficiency in any given benchmark. I think that is my main interest in your system. Being able to quickly and successfully maintain a pre-determined temp under heavy load without having to free-hand pour/compensate for load. Cruise mode overclocking behind the keyboard.

Looks good tho, cheers
I love it "Cruise mode overclocking behind the keyboard." Would you need royalty payment for me to use that? We will be showing the OCC running on with the 8350 OC'd to 6-7 ghz next week (probably friday or the following tuesday depending when our new LN2 gets here). I've been given some critical voltage info which I did not know about when I did the OC shown. I can't wait to see someone like you busting world records with the OCC!!!!
Old 11-01-2015
Superenthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN2daddy View Post
I love it "Cruise mode overclocking behind the keyboard." Would you need royalty payment for me to use that? We will be showing the OCC running on with the 8350 OC'd to 6-7 ghz next week (probably friday or the following tuesday depending when our new LN2 gets here). I've been given some critical voltage info which I did not know about when I did the OC shown. I can't wait to see someone like you busting world records with the OCC!!!!
lol, no royalty needed. I'd like to give the OCC a run but my old Ln2 contact has moved on and they wanna charge $14.50 a Liter here in Hawaii. SO until I sort out a decent price, it'll be cascade cooling only for me.
Old 11-01-2015
Lets Shake Things Up!!!

OC Maximus is on a distinguished road

"Cruise mode overclocking behind the keyboard."

Love that!

Copyright submitted

Lets see some 7ghz runs

Last edited by OC Maximus; 11-01-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Tags
chiller, ice, ln2, occ, overclock