Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Hardware Section » GPUs » ATI » ATI Driver Updates Periodic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road
Default ATI Driver Updates Periodic

Starting with:

[quote]
AMD Announces ATI Catalyst 9.6 Driver Suite
AMD announced the availability of ATI Catalyst version 9.6 driver suite, that provides driver support for ATI Radeon series graphics processors (driver version 8.62), Hydravision, AMD Southbridge/Chipset driver, and Catalyst Control Center (version 8.62). The new version brings along the following application-specific performance increments:
  • <LI itxtvisited="1">Company of Heores – performance gains of up to 25% for the ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, and performance gains of up to 10% for the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series. <LI itxtvisited="1">Crysis Warhead – performance gains of up to 11% for ATI CrossFireX configurations. <LI itxtvisited="1">Crysis – performance gains of up to 13% for ATI CrossFireX configurations.
  • World in Conflict – performance gains of up to 30% for settings are were previously CPU limited.
The Linux version of this driver suite adds production support for SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) and SLED 11. It also provides early support for RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.8.
DOWNLOAD: ATI Catalyst 9.6 for Windows XP 32-bit | Windows 7/Vista 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit | Windows 7/Vista 64-bit

[/img]
Old 06-16-2009
MIA POML

Chuchnit will become famous soon enough

Thanks buddy. Hurry up Frank and try these out! I wanna know if they are worth the trouble.

http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=13
Old 08-14-2009
Superenthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by techpowerup

AMD Sneaks in ATI Catalyst 9.8 Driver Suite
Without much of a buzz except past leaks suggesting that the company would roll out a beta at this year's Quakecon, AMD released the ATI Catalyst 9.8 WHQL driver suite to readers of the company blog, before formally announcing it and adding it to the AMD Game portal. The package installs drivers for ATI Radeon graphics hardware, including its discrete and integrated graphics processors, AMD 7-series chipsets, and ATI Theater series multimedia products.

With lack of proper documentation (read: release notes) at hand, there are no specifics available about the driver, though one could expect the usual application/hardware/OS-specific enhancement, a possibly expanded supported products list with new SKUs in the Radeon HD 4700/4800 series that surfaced over the last month.

DOWNLOAD:ATI Catalyst 9.8 Driver Suite for Windows 7 and Vista 32-bit | Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit | Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit
Update
Old 09-14-2009
Superenthusiast

ATI Catalyst 9.9 Drivers have been released. Below is a list of bug fixes, etc.
  • Anti-Aliasing support for Ghostbusters
  • ATI CrossFireX™ support for Resident Evil 5
  • Graphics corruption fix for Sims 3
  • Catalyst Control Center - Basic now responds properly after exiting Quick Adjust Video Settings
  • Edge enhancement and de-noise sliders in Catalyst Control Center no longer lags or appears out of sync with mouse movement
  • Launching Hotkeys Manager in Catalyst Control Center no longer causes an unhandled exception error
  • The "Desktop Rotation" page in Catalyst Control Center no longer shows additional information for the second display when the secondary adapter is connected
  • HDMI is now detected properly as DTV (HDMI) instead of DTV (DVI) when the HDMI display is hotplugged for the first time
  • Catalyst Control Center no longer displays error message when specific HDMI displays are hot unplugged and hotplugged back
  • Intermittent failures no longer occur with MediaShow Espresso once a transcoding process has been completed.
Also, here is a detailed list of the fixes in PDF format.
Old 10-22-2009
Superenthusiast

Quote:

ATI Catalyst 9.10 WHQL Released
AMD released the latest version of its ATI Catalyst software suite. Version 9.10 WHQL brings with it official support for the company's newest ATI Radeon HD 5800 series graphics processors, adds features that enhance usability under Windows 7, along with the usual list of bug fixes. The driver also adds support for Super Sample Anti-Aliasing, for Radeon HD 5800 GPUs. A complete list of changes can be read in the release notes document. The most important of them are listed below:
  • ATI Catalyst 9.10 now includes full GPU support for the award winning ATI HD Radeon 5800 series GPUs.
  • Provides support for a new Anti-Aliasing method on the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series. Users can now experience the high level of anti-aliasing image quality using Super Sampling anti-aliasing while maintaining good performance levels
  • Adds GPU acceleration for the Windows 7 Drag and Drop video converting application
DOWNLOAD: ATI Catalyst 9.10 WHQL for Windows 7/Vista 32-bit | Windows 7/Vista 64-bit | Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit » Read full story
Update
Old 11-17-2009
Superenthusiast

Update
Quote:

ATI Catalyst 9.11 WHQL Released
AMD published its near-monthly installment of the ATI Catalyst Software Suite, which provides essential drivers for the company's ATI Radeon graphics processors, AMD 7-series chipset IGPs, ATI multimedia products, and the AMD FireStream GPGPU processors. Version 9.11 announced today, comes with the same hardware support base as the older version, includes two new features, and carries the usual application-specific fixes.

New features include GPU Acceleration of H.264 video content using Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta, and High Quality downscaling for video transcoding MSE. The release of ATI Catalyst, according to AMD, supports the new Hardware Acceleration features of Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta for video encoded in the H.264 format. Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta introduces hardware-based H.264 video decoding to deliver smooth video playback, reduce system resource utilization, and preserve battery life. Hardware acceleration is supported on all existing Radeon HD 5000 and HD 4000 series graphics processors. The release of ATI Catalyst includes an enhancement for the ATI Video converter for users transcoding high quality interlaced content (1920x1080i @60i videos) down to small resolution progressive content (320x240 @30p - iPod videos as an example), by maintaining high visual quality when down-scaling by a significant amount and converting interlaced video content to progressive. For a list of minor issues fixed in the release, refer to the Release Notes document.

DOWNLOAD: ATI Catalyst 9.11 WHQL for Windows 7/Vista 32-bit | Windows 7/Vista 64-bit | Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit
Old 12-18-2009
Superenthusiast

Quote:

ATI Catalyst 9.12 WHQL Released
AMD released its latest version of the ATI Catalyst Software Suite to date, Catalyst 9.12 WHQL, which provides drivers and system software for the company's ATI Radeon graphics processors, AMD 7-series chipset IGPs, ATI multimedia products, and the AMD FireStream GPGPU processors. Version 9.12 announced today, comes with expanded GPU support for DirectCompute 10.1 for specific GPUs, includes performance increments, OpenGL 3.2 extension support, along with the usual application-specific fixes.

To begin with, application-specific performance increments include an overall performance improvement as high as 9% on the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series and ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, for 3DMark Vantage. GT1 - Jane Nash performance improves as much as 15% and FT4 - GPU Cloth improves up to 15%. Performance improves as much as 6% on single card configurations for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat. The release provides DirectCompute 10.1 support for ATI Radeon HD 4800 and HD 4700 GPUs in both single and multi-GPU configurations. Lastly, this release adds support for certain OpenGL 3.2 extensions for all GPUs from Radeon HD 2000 series and upward (HD 3000, HD 4000, and HD 5000).

DOWNLOAD: ATI Catalyst 9.12 WHQL for Windows 7/Vista 32-bit | Windows 7/Vista 64-bit | Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit

For more information, refer to the Release Notes document.
Thx for the headsup Lakeside.
Old 12-18-2009
Superenthusiast

I forgot to add the hotfixes although I'm not sure how they work out with the benchmark apps. Untested:
ATI Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix Vista/7 32-bit/64-bit (121.8 MB) ATI Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix XP 32-bit/64-bit (178.7 MB) ATI Catalyst 9.12 Software Suite Vista/7 32-bit (51.5 MB) ATI Catalyst 9.12 Software Suite Vista/7 64-bit (69.4 MB) ATI Catalyst 9.12 Software Suite WinXP 32-bit (44.4 MB) ATI Catalyst 9.12 Software Suite WinXP 64-bit (63.8 MB)
Old 01-27-2010
Superenthusiast

Lets get the numbers, overclock, stability comparisions up

Quote:
Originally Posted by techpowerup.com

ATI Catalyst 10.1 Driver Suite Released
AMD today released the ATI Catalyst 10.1 driver suite, this year's first. The suite provides drivers and system software for ATI Radeon products (including Radeon HD 5900, 5800, 5700, 5600, HD 4000 series), AMD 7-series chipsets, All-in-Wonder, and Theater multimedia products. The new set of drives brings in application-specific performance improvements, OS and application bug-fixes, and new features. Notable ones are listed below:
  • Left 4 Dead 2 - Overall performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 series products and ATI Radeon HD 5800 series products
  • Crysis - Performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 series products and as much as 4% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 series products
DOWNLOAD: ATI Catalyst 10.1 WHQL for Windows 7/Vista 32-bit | Windows 7/Vista 64-bit | Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit
Old 02-18-2010
Superenthusiast

Quote:

ATI Catalyst 10.2 WHQL Released

AMD released the ATI Catalyst version 10.2 driver suite, as promised in a press release earlier today. Catalyst 10.2 is one of two important releases by AMD that add to its products' overall feature-set, among the usual baggage of application-specific and generic fixes. Feature additions are as follows:
  • ATI Catalyst application profiles for ATI CrossFireX supported configurations
    ATI Catalyst support for PowerPlay on ATI CrossFireX technology supported configurations
    Support for DisplayPort audio
  • Support for ATI CrossFireX on Eyefinity configurations
In addition, there are application-specific performance improvements:
  • DiRT 2 – Overall performance improves up to 8% on ATI Radeon HD 5970, ATI Radeon HD 5800 series, and ATI Radeon HD 5700 series products
    Battleforge – CrossFire ATI Radeon HD 5870 performance improves up to 6%
    Unigine Heaven – DirectX 9 CrossFire performance has improved significantly on ATI Radeon HD 5700 and ATI Radeon HD 5800 series products
  • The Chronicles of Riddick – Assault on Dark Athena – Overall performance on ATI Radeon HD 5970 improves up to 4%
The driver also patched a number of smaller OS-specific issues.

DOWNLOAD: ATI Catalyst 10.2 for Windows 7/Vista 64-bit, Windows 7/Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit
10.2 update