Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Hardware Section » Monitors » my [NEW] bench set up

Notices

Monitors If It Is A Display...

Old 06-20-2010
OCA Gladiator

kikicoco1334 is on a distinguished road
Talking my [NEW] bench set up

so as some of you guys already know i just sold my old Q6600 setup and got my old i7 back up and running..
i am using it as a HTPC / bench setup..
here is what's in it:
- Intel Core i7 920 D0 [thinking about switching to Intel Core i7 940]
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme
- Corsair DOMINATOR 6GB 1600MHz (TR3X6G1600C8D)
- 1x Seagate 1TB 7200.12 (ST31000528AS) as my BOOT OS
- 4x Seagate 1.5TB 7200.11 as Data [working on getting 8 of them]
- eVGA 7950GT 512MB [temp VGA working on getting a GTX470 cuz my GTX260 pussed out]

Display
- Sony 40in 1080p 60Hz [not really sure the model number]
- SANYO PROxtraX Multiverse Projector PLC-XU30 - 200in screen [just got off ebay]

PS. IF YOU GUYS WANT SOME KINDA PROJECTOR WITH A REALLY SWEET DEAL GET IT FROM HERE! http://myworld.ebay.com/gilco4020/ THESE PEOPLE ARE SUPER NICE!

projectors i've fixed a lot of them back in high school but i never really had one, not really sure how to take care of them and ideas?
my projector runs REALLY hot and i added a fan where the hot air is coming out of it [a blue 120mm fan that i added a USB head on it ], but it is still really hot i have no idea what should i do other than turn the ac to like 60s or not use it during the summer... - -b

here are some pix i took
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (174.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (189.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (188.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (185.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (193.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (138.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-20-2010
OCA Gladiator

rickss69 is on a distinguished road

Maybe it's supposed to be hot? I assume there is some kind of high power lamp in there...
Old 06-20-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickss69 View Post
Maybe it's supposed to be hot? I assume there is some kind of high power lamp in there...
yeah the lamp is REALLY high powered lol
i just want it to stay with me a little longer then it's rated cuz they are like 250 a pop! i only paid 122 for it! that's with shipping!!!

btw i forgot to ask..
/ to move it around?
cuz i been thinking about when i am overclocking outside i can use this over a screen
i can just project it on to my gradge door
Old 06-20-2010
OCA Gladiator

Sure...just pick it up like King in Kung Fu with your forearms.
Old 06-20-2010
Beyond Help

Hondacity will become famous soon enough

awesome

last night @ v2-v3's house he had the same thing ) ..projector ftw
Old 06-20-2010
OCA Gladiator

punx223 will become famous soon enough

dont worry, projectors run hot dude... tahts what they do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
You mean you don't have one of the uber secret 6.6GHz Gulftown pots?
Old 06-21-2010
OCA Gladiator

thanks guys i few much better now..

most the people if not everyone here is older than me
and i wish to ask an advice of life.. the one that i can not ask...

i have a girlfriend/had a girlfriend not really sure what's the relationship between me and her right now
every month not just at her week but like other times too she is always wanna break up and things like that.. i love the girl but i am just getting really sick of her been so dead minded she cant hear me when she knows what the hell she is talking about most the time i am able to talk her out of it.. but...

before i mate her i have been IN LOVE with this girl for a long long long time.. long enough that i don't remember how long ago was that anymore..
and me and her dad and like best friends, he is like a bro and at the sametime one of the people that i ask for life things like that...

about 2 month ago she and a "friend" of my was hanging out and he broke down and asked her to be his girlfriend and she said yes right before i grown the balls to ask her...
everything was too late... i was parenting i was all fine and we still hang out and everything

BTW me and her dad is:
1. good friend
2. client
3. customer (not the same as client)
4. best girl-friend's dad

as some of you guys may know i work at bestbuy and her and her dad comes in every weekend to see me and we'll talk for like hrs it's really at the point that my boss will let me just hang out with them while i am on the clock getting paid because everyone knows me know i like her A LOT!

but for the past few weeks (4 weeks) i have not been seeing them a lot my friend (her dad) just comes in get a few things and talk for a little
i never asked but i think he's always knew how i feel about his girl and he's always ok with it that's not the point
the point is i havn't seen her for A LONG TIME now
i thought you know she was trying to move to her mom and all that so i wan gonna let that be done first
so last night i was just txting around and txted her cuz i couldn't hold any longer without seeing her
and she was wannting to go see toy 3 the movie
so i took her out as "friends" and because she was not there for my birthday it was last Friday june the 18th and I KNOW THE MOVIES ARE CLOSED AT 2300HR that's my plain!
i sat up xums lights in the car and got dressed [just FYI I don’t wear polo I only ware dress shirt BTW] and put on my “sexy cologne” and took off and before I went I put few movies on my EX-HDD that’s part of the plain!
and when I picked her up it was all that awkwardness when best guy-friend picked up best girl-friend kinda thing and I was so not ready and all, I was like a duck in the water, it seems come above the water and all but underneath those little duckie feet is wipping non stop
so i acted like I didn’t’ know the road from franklin (the city she lives in) to brentwood the city I am in at all it’s like 5 mins apart.
so we went to the movie and of course the movies was closed when we got there it was 2345hr ish so she was really disappointed and I was like hey I know a place in brentwood that you can see the whole brentwood it’s really cool! I always knew that she loves cool things so she said yes.
when we ware driving around we talked A LOT and she is saying about how she is mad at her current BF (we gonna come back and talk about this dude in a min) how he is doing mature things
when we got to my little special place of course love is never on my side the old lady planted trees there you can only see part of the beautiful city of my but when she was still so amazed about the place I was acting like I was really disappointed and I really was and she was like saying how it’s still very beautiful and I just went a little bit off, I just gos “yeah it’s going to be beautiful everywhere if you are there..” something along that line but much smarter and she smiled at me with that old shy look on her face it was dark but I can still make it out cuz I know her that well…
and I was like I got a movie theater in my car and she wouldn’t believe me so I wipped out my nice little big computer (this is the new dv7-3085dx laptop lol) and I turned on the xmus lights and once again love has lifted my side.. I can’t find the USB cable anymore to the EX-HDD and then I was looking around the computer found [Valentines Day] that new movie just came out and it’s not in theater anymore
so we watched it when we laughed and talked during the movie and she gave some hints about how she wanted her valentines day is like, she really like that big giant white bare tylor swift was dragging around, she was saying about how she would so drag that around the school, and how patrick dempsey went home and hopping that he is got an airport in his house not a cheating bustard, and awed about how ashton what’s his face ask jessica to marrying her and how sweet it was going around and telling people and letting people know how happy he is, and joked about how anne hathaway was having phone sex with random dude and how sad it was when topher found out and how sweet that they got back together…
somewhere along the movie her BF called and we were in the middle of the movie and she didn’t want to talk to him because maybe she is still mad and more or less she didn’t want to be rude in front of me she’s always been a sweet heart.. so she didn’t pick up just when she was putting down the phone “I don’t want to talk to him right now” she mumbled, ive always been a really nice guy to all the ladies I knew and as usual I put my arm around her held her and told her it’s all going to be fine soon… then we continuing watching the movie time flies by and when we were commenting about how there are so many celebrities are in this movie she freaked out she was keeping sorrying about how she forgot that she’s got a BF, I was the nice guy once again and I moved to the other side of the car. As up to now it really to the end of the movie few mins later when the part where eric dane was acting like gonna make out with bradley I acted like I was scared so I went cattle with her and left one eye out kept watching the movie and somehow “accidently” moved the computer and jumped to the part George telling ashton he married his best friend I kinda kissed her forehand and moved the movie back to where it was when I sat back down I put my arm around her again and hold her hands this time…
when the movie went to the very end when ashton told jenifer he was gonna kiss his best friend we kissed too, it was like a sweet little kiss, a quick sweet little kiss.. till the line “…maybe we should practice…” we made out we kissed and kissed… at the point I thought I would never have another chance, just as I was thinking about that her stoned sister called and wanting her to get some food for her at 300hr in the morning.. when she hung up we laughed more all sudden we just jumped together and starting to making out and kissing and every breath break she takes the only words is coming out of her mouth is “I am sorry” “don’t be” said I, I took her first time last night…
when we came down a little, just in time her sister called again, that’s when we just head out getting food for her…
when we were driving down the road we talked, we didn’t talk about what we just did, but we did talk about her boyfriend – the “friend” of mine, the back stabbing sumbitch.. I told that guy everything he knows about computers, cars, any tech based thing, for the love of god! this guy is a high school drop out! he went in front of her dad told him that everything I knew he told it to me, I am fine with it because her dad knows me too well to fall for that /but/ what really just set me off is the part where he went to my best girl-friend and told her not to see me anymore, I mean I can handle the part where he asked my girl out, but back stabbing like that is just agancing my nature…

when I dropped her off, after she kissed me good night she looked at me and said “I wish you’d asked sooner, or I knew better”

she is still totly in love with me but she is got a boyfriend and I am freaking out I don’t know what to do
I am normally good at giving advice but now comes to my own shit I have no idea…
Btw my current/ex-girlfriend is supposed to be a replacement of her, but I just can’t stop thinking about her

Please someone?
Old 06-21-2010
OCA Gladiator

Not one for giving advice - All I can think of at the moment is how happy I am 56 years old and so over that horseshit...

I will give you some insight to my way of thinking...please don't take this as advice or the gospel, just my train of thought on the subject from all these years.

Most people marry someone for the first time from the same locale they reside in...isn't that just pure luck you would find your true love right where you are? I tend to think it is something else...what's the word I am searching for...oh yeah, HORNY! Plain and simple, the little head is in charge for most of a man's life. Little head is a stupid fuck that does'nt give a damn about you, but you will follow him of a cliff without hesitation. Why this is so I do not know, but there it is in a nutshell. True love my ass...I prefer to call it by it's real name. Author: rickss69

Last edited by rickss69; 06-21-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-21-2010
OCA Gladiator

While you are chewing on that...Keep in mind that no one will ever look out for you like you will. Always have a back-up plan and don't depend on someone else to "complete" you or make you "whole". That is an unrealistic goal for you and a terrible burden to put on someone else.
Old 06-21-2010
Beyond Help

Hondacity will become famous soon enough

LOOOOOL @ ricks

dude...

you can't love a turtle..when that horse is fucking a chimp...

in other words....love is two ways man......not man to man...lol

two way high way.....someone who will treat you the way you want to treat her..