Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Old 09-18-2010
OCA Gladiator

FACE is on a distinguished road

nah, it's never too late. I'm sure something can be done even still with bios updates and motherboard revisions... the multi/divider would have to be done on the board anyway.. another idea would be to eliminate the on die controller by allowing it to be disabled while having the chipset or whatever do like it always has...

Nooob#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
I think the flux capacitor caused the aeon influx inductors to mis-allign the dylithium crystals during transphotogenic mutation, but that's just because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Don't forget to delete System32!!!
Old 11-02-2010
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

Anyone read this? Did I read it right that the whole lineup of Asus mobos will be using EFI instead of BIOS? Boy I can't wait for Sandybridge. I hope the BCLK limitation rumor is just a rumor.

Quote:
Between a ROG and a TUF place

Today we had the opportunity to head into London where ASUS was on hand to show us a few of its upcoming P67 motherboards and talk a little bit about what will set them apart from the pack. We'll be looking at some of the new technology that will be packed into the boards in another article - you can read it here - but for now, we'll just take a peek at the actual products.

The company will be debuting a full range of boards when Intel's Sandy Bridge CPUs launch in January 2011. At the top of the stack will be the Republic Of Games (ROG) Maximus IV Extreme, designed for the most hardcore of overclockers. With this board, the manufacturer has tried to cut away all the unnecessary components, and that means that legacy ports - including PCI and FireWire - have been removed. Even USB 2.0 ports have been taken off, leaving nothing but ten super-speedy USB 3.0 ports in their stead.

The Maximus - like all of the boards shown today - will also replace the existing BIOS with new-fangled EFI, bringing both shorter boot-times and an easy-to-use mouse-driven GUI. In addition, the board will pack four SATA 6 ports, dual gigabit Ethernet and support for three-way SLI or CrossfireX configurations, as well as a whole host of ROG-exclusive features to help push it to the limit - our favourite of which was the ability to flash the BIOS from a USB key with nothing but a PSU connected.

For those who value durability above all else, ASUS is also launching a new entry in the TUF series of motherboards. The P67 Sabertooth is designed to go through the wars and having been tested against military standards, it's proven that it is able to withstand even the most extreme conditions. As well as top-quality components, the board has two new features dealing with heat distribution that really set it apart.

Tactical Vest - as it's being called for now - is a removable plastic shroud that covers the entire motherboard, directing air over certain components and away from others with specially-cut channels and vents. Designed for use with a fan that forces air down onto the CPU, the manufacturer claims better heat distribution and improved stability - a key factor for the TUF series. To help keep temperatures in check, this board will also feature the 'Thermal Radar', a series of nine temperature-sensors positioned at key points across the board.

Something for everyone

Of course, ASUS knows that not everyone is looking for an extreme motherboard, so it will launch a pair of products that fit into the enthusiast and mainstream market segments, respectively. The P8P67 Deluxe and P8P67 boards will include many of the same features as their high-end brethren at a lower price. While there will obviously be some omissions, they'll still be kitted out with the 'Dual Intelligent Processor 2' for easier overclocking and better efficiency, USB 3.0 support - including front-panel headers - EFI instead of ye olde BIOS, the ability to control settings from a smartphone via Bluetooth and access to the company's all-new software suite - but again, we'll get into all of that later.

As well as a number of other differentiating features, one of the most interesting additions on the Deluxe version is the included USB 3.0 breakout box. Knowing that a lot of people don't have chassis with SuperSpeed ports on the front panel, the boards will ship with a 3.5in box that plugs into the motherboard giving easy access to two of the connectors.

It looks like ASUS is coming out firing on all cylinders for the launch of Intel's next-gen CPUs. Each of the boards should be available alongside the Sandy Bridge processors in the new year with pricing in the region of $300 for the Maximus, $220 for the P8P67 Deluxe and $150 for the P8P67 (£234, £172 and £117, inc VAT). Unfortunately, no pricing has been set for the Sabertooth board, but with the other entries in the TUF series being marketed aggressively, we'd expect this one to be no different.

Source:
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=27262

Last edited by DrNip; 11-02-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2010
MIA POML

Chuchnit will become famous soon enough

Man that MIV is smexy.

http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=13
Old 11-02-2010
OCA Gladiator

FACE is on a distinguished road

Wonder if the plastic shroud would aid in insulation... would be nice!

Nooob#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
I think the flux capacitor caused the aeon influx inductors to mis-allign the dylithium crystals during transphotogenic mutation, but that's just because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Don't forget to delete System32!!!
Old 11-03-2010
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

Yeah that plastic shroud is something else now. Prolly pointless in the grand extreme overclocking scheme of things but kinda cool in a way.
Old 11-03-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

At first I thought it would be good too, but saying it is designed for top down air coolers means it is more useful for channeling air to critical points and Extreme clocking with it it would be less fruitful I would think.

Looking good though. Are there any specs out yet showing Sandy Bridge performance vs current 1156 sockets yet?

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 11-03-2010
Beyond Help

Splave will become famous soon enough

hope this is like clarkdale in pricing, wouldnt mind if its the new 01-05 and aq3 3d platform of choice I know it will pwn pi and probably pf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
when those trolls start making love your VGA has no chance!
Old 11-05-2010
Don't Know

That UD7 sure is looking sexy.

Quote:
Gigabyte Releases Pictures of its Complete LGA1155 Lineup
Gigabyte has been one of the first motherboard manufacturers to show off its LGA1155 motherboard way back in June, even as some of its prime competitors are keeping their products embargoed. The company just let out pictures of its entire 12-strong LGA1155 product lineup with box-art, that targets almost every price point with its discrete graphics requiring P67A lineup, and integrated graphics ready H67A lineup. All it did to make sure it didn't step on Intel's toes is blur out the new Intel logos.

The top-tier P67A-UD7 and P67A-UD5 have been discussed in some detail, in an older article. So were the P67A-UD3R, P67A-UD3, and H67MA-UD2H, in this article. What are new to us, are a number of space-filling models, that fill any gaps in price-points between earlier known models. These include: P67A-UD4, P67A-UD3P, H67A-UD3H, H67MA-D2H, and H67M-D2.

The P67A-UD4 is based on a PCB very similar to that of the P67A-UD3R, except for a few more USB ports on the rear panel, eSATA, and angled internal SATA ports. The P67A-UD3P is the same exact board as the P67A-UD3R, perhaps with the RAID function disabled. The H67A-UD3H is new to us. It's an ATX motherboard based on the H67 chipset supporting Intel FDI, USB 3.0, SATA 6 Gb/s two PCI-Express x16 (electrical x16,x4), two PCI-E x1, and three PCI. Display Connectivity includes DVI, HDMI, and D-Sub.

The H67MA-D2H is a scaled down version of H67MA-D2H, with just two memory slots, no DisplayPort, the H67MA-D2 goes down even further, with no HDMI, no USB 3.0.

Source: OCAU
posted by btarunr - 6:01 AM
SOURCE:
http://www.techpowerup.com/133962/Gi...55-Lineup.html
Old 11-05-2010
Certified OCA Addict

sofos1990 is on a distinguished road

too many mobos

Where are the cpus ? Does anyone know from where I can buy one ES ?
Old 11-05-2010
Don't Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofos1990 View Post
too many mobos

Where are the cpus ? Does anyone know from where I can buy one ES ?
That is the million dollar question.