Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Hardware Section » CPUs » AMD » Start drooling AMD users :)

Notices

Old 05-07-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here
Default Start drooling AMD users :)

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18750/1/

ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme.

890FX + SB850
USB3 SATA3

5 PCIE 16x slots...

All hte ROG goodies

and

HYDRA!! is finally here!

Not going to be a great benching setup probably... dunno how the bot would handle say tri fire 5870 + 4890... Or SLI 480GTX + 5850 only thing I can think of is rating them based on mutli GPU versions of the best card in the lot...

IE 5870 + 4890 would go against 2x5870

But for us guys with lots of older weaker hardware... its going to make some kickass gaming setups

Probably going to be the most expensive AMD motherboard ever though. Over $300.

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."

Last edited by Neuromancer; 05-07-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2010
OCA Gladiator

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough

There are AMD users ? .............
Old 05-07-2010
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

I run AMD for my 24/7 rigs.

If I still did a lot of encoding and stuff I would prolly set up my X58 for the daily grind... but its just not worth it in my not so humble opinion for a 2/7 gaming HTPC setup.

My 4.1GHz 555 (3 cores), 4890 (950/1150) plays my games just fine and stays under 35-CPU 40-GPU despite the high ambients lately (watercooled). I do still have to figure out how to improve the full cover blocks mounting though VDDC are still running warm (high 50s) and MVDDC are hot (high 60s)

Old 05-07-2010
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

Yeah I've been looking at that mobo since Tuesday at Newegg. Sold out now. Thinking of picking it up along with one of the 6 core BE's. Might take me a couple of months to do but Intel is just getting boring to me. I'm into overclocking for the fun of it and sometimes find myself doing it just for boints. Need to get back to my roots.
Old 05-07-2010
Beyond Help

Splave will become famous soon enough

^ amen brother man, amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
when those trolls start making love your VGA has no chance!
Old 05-07-2010
Senior Overclockaholic

ReverendMaynard is just getting started

No worries spliggity, AMD is on the menu this July

Gutterz: He laid the sausage on it , but this wasnt an SS
Old 05-07-2010
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

For $550 I could be up and benching a 6 core AMD setup, cpu + mobo, whereas I would be out $1K+ just for an Intel 6 core. Eventually I would need a Venom CPU pot but could get by on my F1EE for now. AMD is just looking so much more attractive, kinda like they were back in the day before they flopped it with their AM2 setup.

Last edited by DrNip; 05-07-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-07-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNip View Post
Yeah I've been looking at that mobo since Tuesday at Newegg. Sold out now. Thinking of picking it up along with one of the 6 core BE's. Might take me a couple of months to do but Intel is just getting boring to me. I'm into overclocking for the fun of it and sometimes find myself doing it just for boints. Need to get back to my roots.
Actually I was wrong the one on newegg right now is the formula this is the extreme edition so prolly going to run over $300 cuz of the hydra chip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNip View Post
For $550 I could be up and benching a 6 core AMD setup, cpu + mobo, whereas I would be out $1K+ just for an Intel 6 core. Eventually I would need a Venom CPU pot but could get by on my F1EE for now. AMD is just looking so much more attractive, kinda like they were back in the day before they flopped it with their AM2 setup.
Yeah I skipped AM2 completely just because of DDR2 (it was still not ready yet back then IMHO....) Then again DDR3 did not really become good until AM3 socket came out either... hmm noticing a trend here

I dont think im going to be able to wait a year for the quadchannel desktops (well over a year for first price drop lol), am going to get teh CHIV formula though. Hopefully it has some better BUS clocking capability. I can blow through some Ath II chips then $500 for the whole line up LOL

Last edited by Neuromancer; 05-07-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2010
OCA Gladiator

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough

Yea for me AMD has let me down ....

BAck in the day you guys would have called me a fanboy

Mhz wars, first to 1 Ghz and Athy 64 ..... I was a fan .....

I wish they could compete these days and being my hardware dollar is limited I have to go with preformance reguardles of the manufacturer. I admit it would be fun to play with, but ultimantly I think it would leave me a bit flat in the end ....

So red, green black or blue I have to buy the best bang for the buck to feel that I got my money's worth even if it does cost twice as much ....

Sort of like buying a GEO metro ...

great gas milage but hard to pick up chicks in ...........
Old 05-07-2010
Don't Know

I was perplexed on why Fudzilla was doing a write up on this board that had already been released. Wasn't even the same board!