Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

HDD's & Other Storage Discuss Hard Drives & Other Types Of Storage Here...

Old 12-28-2010
Shameful Lurker

TheSSDReview is just getting started

Thanks... Nice to be here. Wicked forums...wouldn't mind finding something like this for my forums as well...It would sure suit the site.

1. The SSD Review
2. The Win7 SSD Performance Optimization Guide

Samsung 470 256GB 4Sale

Last edited by TheSSDReview; 12-28-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-28-2010
MIA POML

Chuchnit will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSSDReview View Post
Received this thread as a back link and thought I would join the site just to say thanks for the compliments and , if there is any way I can help at all, just shout!
Welcome to the overclockaholics community!! I really like your approach towards SSD's. Have you thought about running IOmeter in your reviews to test manufacturer claims vs real test? Plus its nice how you can see the IOPS at different QD's.

Quote:
Thanks... Nice to be here. Wicked forums...wouldn't mind finding something like this for my forums as well...It would sure suit the site.
She sure is pretty huh? I think Kal and drnip did a hell of a job with the design.

http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=13
Old 12-28-2010
Beyond Help

Hondacity will become famous soon enough

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

welcome aboard!!!!!

you guys will be our special ssd support crew

great finding friends over the N.E.T.
Old 12-28-2010
Shameful Lurker

With respect to the site, yup...it is amazing. Quite frankly if we could get the background over to my site and then replace my forums with this design, The SSD Review would be golden.

With respect to IOMeter, I am not really a fan of a program that doesnt really have backing and hasn't been updated in years quite honestly. I know this won't be the popular answer but it is honest. I understand ones interest in seeing the accurate IOPS under stress and whatnot and I will probably lean that way in the end but right now I am still feeling my way around with other things. I would like to develop a few real life tests and, if you look at the reviews, have utilized a few inconsistently.

Another reason I probably haven't shown IOPS is because, in building the site, I have been trying to appease to the new SSD enthusiast for the most part because I think there is a severe shortage of accurate info out there for the prospective buyer. You already mentioned 'The Manufacturers Bluff' above which hits on exactly as I mean.

I hope the reviews are very easily understood and, for the most part, allow the reader to learn enough to make an honest appraisal if it will suit them.

Anyway..nice chatting and late night so I am off...

Getting ready for CES you know!!!!

Les

1. The SSD Review

Samsung 470 256GB 4Sale

Last edited by TheSSDReview; 12-28-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-28-2010
Beyond Help

woooo i think 9 oca guys..overclockaholics will be there...don't be a stranger....

i'll be in ces...competing @ MOA. your contact information would be appreciated...
Old 12-29-2010
Shameful Lurker

Whats MOA? Sorry in advance. This will be the first for myself and the site and I have had to finally put a foot down and turn away some oem private meeting requests. The Giga party will be great though. I am working on a review right now but the first board they send me has a USB3 concern.

Nice place here can u guys get me this forum for my own u think eheheh? And whats with the HondaCity??? Attached my toy eheh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9050276.jpg (369.3 KB, 4 views)

1. The SSD Review

Samsung 470 256GB 4Sale

Last edited by TheSSDReview; 12-29-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-29-2010
Beyond Help

kal is the guy for requests....

moa - http://msi-moa.com
Old 12-30-2010
Shameful Lurker

Default C300 Draw!

Drawing a 64GB C300 tomorrow at midnight!!! C below and good luck!

1. The SSD Review

Samsung 470 256GB 4Sale
Old 12-30-2010
Beyond Help

woooooooo thanks for last minute invite

i just got a 2nd corsair f60 ...
Old 12-31-2010
MIA POML

Chuchnit will become famous soon enough

Quote:
With respect to the site, yup...it is amazing. Quite frankly if we could get the background over to my site and then replace my forums with this design, The SSD Review would be golden.

With respect to IOMeter, I am not really a fan of a program that doesnt really have backing and hasn't been updated in years quite honestly. I know this won't be the popular answer but it is honest. I understand ones interest in seeing the accurate IOPS under stress and whatnot and I will probably lean that way in the end but right now I am still feeling my way around with other things. I would like to develop a few real life tests and, if you look at the reviews, have utilized a few inconsistently.

Another reason I probably haven't shown IOPS is because, in building the site, I have been trying to appease to the new SSD enthusiast for the most part because I think there is a severe shortage of accurate info out there for the prospective buyer. You already mentioned 'The Manufacturers Bluff' above which hits on exactly as I mean.

I hope the reviews are very easily understood and, for the most part, allow the reader to learn enough to make an honest appraisal if it will suit them.

Anyway..nice chatting and late night so I am off...

Getting ready for CES you know!!!!

Les
Very understandable. That Hiomon software is some crazy stuff, but there is no way to easily identify info. They should really think about selecting a way to narrow down the info it gives you. I get a headache looking at all the data in the xs thread. Anandtech storage bench is nice. Is that kind of what you are thinking but with your own twist?

http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=13