Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

DICE & LN2 Cooling If You Have A Pot...

Old 12-23-2011
OCA Gladiator

kikicoco1334 is on a distinguished road
Default [Build Log?] Bench table?

First comes to first, NOT really sure where this should go, so I monna just stick it here feel free to move it around or something like that...

ANYWAYS...
Not really sure how far this project is gonna go or how successful it's going to be, but my over all idea was trying to build a good looking bench platform where I can play LN2, DICE, Water and even on Air.

I never had a bench table, I have always benched on a clip board I got from my old work with a anti static bag covering it then a layer of soft padding so I don't scratch/break anything on the back of the board.

The clipboard is made out of 1/16in plastic. It’s got a somewhat good build feeling to it but it just looks too geto. So I have been googing around, and found a lot of bad ones (ones I can see having probs when you dock a F1EE onto it.) but a few good ones too.

And now I have came out with a few prototypes, I picked up some 1/16’’ Lexan in my school’s shop and cut them up in about 15’’ x 15’’

(I accidently formatted my work jump drive when I was teaching DOM how to use Ghost so most of the pictures are lost)

Right here I have my F1EE docked on top of the Lexan board. So far it seems like it’s pretty well made, I put a few nipples directly under where the CPU would be and all the weight is at.

The first one I made I forgot when I add the video card on the clips is sticking out and go down below where the surface, so now I have to take off the clips if I want to use that plat form. Then I made another one that’s a little wider where I can put an EATX or a muti-socket based motherboard.

2nd prototype – fixed the add on card clip issue

The potential issue I am having …

Where the last two holding screw it’s at a spot where if I do 3-Way or 4-Way SLi the last two true x16 slots would be blocked…

Give me some feed backs as well as some ideas
Let me know what's up
Old 12-23-2011
Lets Shake Things Up!!!

OC Maximus is on a distinguished road

Don't torch the cpu pot, the plexi will melt.

Use closed cell foam for insulation not that cushion stuff.

Use shorter bolts.

Brush your teeth twice a day.

Other than that, it looks simple and sweet brotha!

Old 12-23-2011
OCA Gladiator

Thanks bro, I am changing it from 1/16'' Lexan to prob 1/2'' Plexiglass for the actual build.
Lexan was somewhere around $36 for the size i got but same size the 1/4 is almost twice as much and 1/2'' Plexiglass is what I am really hopping to get.
It'll look even better then that

By the time i use my normal thick closed cell foam I'd be needing longer bolts lol. (it's like 1/2'' and 1/2'')
The pix I have up there is only my tops DIce table not going to LN2 it just yet with it (after though about it I may just go pick up a dewar full Monday or Tuesday just to test it out and see if thicker Lexan would work or not)

I have seen your projects, and they are pretty damn nice, TBH that's where I like the ones I have made can go to hell, they look like crap, time to move up a little for a change lol

Plexiglass would look extremely nice, and also I am a huge LED fan, i am gonna embed some LED lights in the Plexiglass (prob gonna drill a slim hole where i can just put the light bar in it not made up my mind on that just yet.)

Right now I just need to make changes on the prototypes and try get the funding together for the real deal

Edit:

PS. I really don't have the habit of torch my pots not sure why. I just undock them real quick and once it starts up dock the pot right back on...
I have got to a point where I am so good at it I can when I hit the CB or CBB I just do that everytime and never killed anything

Last edited by kikicoco1334; 12-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-23-2011
Lets Shake Things Up!!!

You can try mdf instead of plexi if you do decide to heat the pot with a torch. Even the 1/2" plexi will warp.

Old 12-23-2011
OCA Gladiator

I will look in to it bro
Thanks[

Ever since my water loop project I LOVE MODDING now
I feel like I went back to 1998~2002 just right before I came to America, I love just taking stuff a part and try mod them. I remember I build a electric toy car it was all fun and cute, instead being a normal 8~11yo kid build it and play with it, I changed out the power part of it and went herp derp on it all I remember was when I let that sucker go it ran straight into my piano and broke the front bumper the car was made out of plastic but yeah it was pretty funny...
Old 12-23-2011
Lets Shake Things Up!!!

Anywho, its good to see you modding and using your brain... That's what its all about.

Live long and prosper......

Old 12-24-2011
OCA Gladiator

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough

yea Just use 1/2 inch ply wood and screw some ruber feet on to it

works nice and the feet are typically long enough to accomidate some drives
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0547.jpg (353.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0535.jpg (346.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-24-2011
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

Lexan is more because it is more durable. I would ditch the whole plastic idea and use wood as suggested or maybe in metal but it will cost you and is harder to work with. Wood is easy, cheesy and pleasey. I would use wood and then coat it in that spray on sound deadner or bed liner.

Last edited by DrNip; 12-24-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-24-2011
OCA Gladiator

Gutterz is just getting started

I know you prolly want to do your own thing, but have you checked this out? Its real practical http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1831&highlight=server Just givin you ideas
Old 12-24-2011
OCA Gladiator

rickss69 is on a distinguished road

Still liking my Dimas...so much as I got two of them.