Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Log In:

Notices

Overclockaholics Competitive Benchmark Team General Team Discussion Public area

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-31-2015
Kal-EL's Avatar
Kal-EL Kal-EL is offline
Superenthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Krypton, Hawaii
Posts: 10,990
Rep Power: 10
Kal-EL is on a distinguished road
Default Mass Dumping Sales?

Is it just me being wierd does it seem like everybody and their uncle is offloading just about every piece of old school hardware they have?

Been seeing sale after sale of semi-old generation and old gen stuff on forums more frequently.
__________________
What kind of community do you intend to re-build?
tell me your sins and I'll sharpen my knife...(Take me to church)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-31-2015
Witchdoctor's Avatar
Witchdoctor Witchdoctor is offline
OCA Gladiator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,031
Rep Power: 15
Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough
Default

I have not noticed, but have not had a lot of time lately, just hammered at work

it is likely though as the new age of HW Bot is born and hardware boints are not weighted as much
__________________
You don't need a reason to help people
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2015
Kal-EL's Avatar
Kal-EL Kal-EL is offline
Superenthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Krypton, Hawaii
Posts: 10,990
Rep Power: 10
Kal-EL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor View Post
I have not noticed, but have not had a lot of time lately, just hammered at work

it is likely though as the new age of HW Bot is born and hardware boints are not weighted as much
That was my exact tin foil impression.
__________________
What kind of community do you intend to re-build?
tell me your sins and I'll sharpen my knife...(Take me to church)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2015
Witchdoctor's Avatar
Witchdoctor Witchdoctor is offline
OCA Gladiator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,031
Rep Power: 15
Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough
Default

yea it bites , here I am with 100+ video cards thinking how much fun I was going to have over the winter

Now will probably sell off as well.

Thinking on a lot of scenarios

1.Quit whining, suck it up and bench when they tell me too and what they tell me to bench (Hitler 1939)

2. Blow off HW Bot all together and sell off benching gear , limp along with an aged gaming rig (economically sound)

3. Sell everything and start with a fresh new gaming build and ROG surround grab Project Cars and brace for Battlefield 5 (Front runner)

4. Find another hobby
__________________
You don't need a reason to help people
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2015
Kal-EL's Avatar
Kal-EL Kal-EL is offline
Superenthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Krypton, Hawaii
Posts: 10,990
Rep Power: 10
Kal-EL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor View Post
yea it bites , here I am with 100+ video cards thinking how much fun I was going to have over the winter

Now will probably sell off as well.

Thinking on a lot of scenarios

1.Quit whining, suck it up and bench when they tell me too and what they tell me to bench (Hitler 1939)

2. Blow off HW Bot all together and sell off benching gear , limp along with an aged gaming rig (economically sound)

3. Sell everything and start with a fresh new gaming build and ROG surround grab Project Cars and brace for Battlefield 5 (Front runner)

4. Find another hobby
Dayum Witchy, 100+gpus! hoarder!

1. Bench wut you wanna bench when u wanna bench it.

2. Gaming, u should game, yeeup, definitely should game sumtin at some time at least

3. Rog Surround is pure awesomeness when the game u play plays nicely with surround. Theres been a few times that I've said to myself "Self, running SLI 2 or 3 way on a single monitor is much less problematic for a wider variety of games than surround".

Just as an example, ARK: Survival evolved, this game doesn't scale FOV proportionally in surround. Theres workarounds for the INI files but thats just another thing to do. Also, I only get 16fps in Surround, wtf?

Battlefield handles it just fine at 100+ frames. Star citizens not too bad in Alpha state. Hardline. Probably alot of other titles. But there are a few that struggle in 3 monitor. A decent single monitor may be preferable when they up the refresh rates. I'd wait till then and go single screen I think.

BUT! productivity wise, 3 screens is fantabulous to work with. Having so much realestate to throw folders, icons, windows anywhere is cool.

4. Tech in general is the hobby, difficult to escape in any form, overclocking, gaming, setting up your wifi, network, surfing the net, hwbot, mini-challenges.

+5. I've taken a good hard look at the internet of things lately. Facebook and social media sites are finally reaching for the throat of websites and forums by making themselves a one stop shop with groups and forum like areas. Widespread community exodus in favor of FB is evident almost everywhere. Soon FB and other social media sites will capitalize on it and make the bigger bucks by charging for "Pages" and "Groups" or just using them as advertisement spam zones. I predict this will lead to a re-boot sending users back to their old communities. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

In any event, we plan to keep doing mini-overclocking contests mostly centered around a variety of older platforms and recent stuff. Hopefully other overclocking sites keep up the same regardless of the direction hwbot goes in. This will keep our oc community thriving in light of any drastic or damaging changes at the bot. Cuz at the end of the day I still have fun finger blasting bios settings trying to see if I can do better.
__________________
What kind of community do you intend to re-build?
tell me your sins and I'll sharpen my knife...(Take me to church)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2015
kikicoco1334's Avatar
kikicoco1334 kikicoco1334 is offline
OCA Gladiator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brentwood TN
Posts: 4,477
Rep Power: 13
kikicoco1334 is on a distinguished road
Default

over all, the small community overclocking (especially the older hardware) gave me a small jump start, making me remember the old times and making me want to bench again feel the rush i had before life took over.

personally i haven't noticed people dumping hardware yet but please link? () the way i look at it is one man's trash another man's treasure, i like benching random things its a lot of fun.
__________________
Memory IC List
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-06-2015
Mr.Scott's Avatar
Mr.Scott Mr.Scott is offline
Classicplatforms Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 749
Rep Power: 10
Mr.Scott will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
In any event, we plan to keep doing mini-overclocking contests mostly centered around a variety of older platforms and recent stuff. Hopefully other overclocking sites keep up the same regardless of the direction hwbot goes in. This will keep our oc community thriving in light of any drastic or damaging changes at the bot.
So will we.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2015
PhIlLy ChEeSe's Avatar
PhIlLy ChEeSe PhIlLy ChEeSe is offline
OCA Gladiator
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 914
Rep Power: 7
PhIlLy ChEeSe is on a distinguished road
Default

Over clocking seems to have run its course, nothing new that screams to be throttled, even when there is some guy with (insert company logo X) jumps on it puwns da fawk out of it and we are left with the scraps. SB gave me great hopes and I should have neva sold my 2500K as it had clocked to 5600, oh the glory day's!!!
Sorry to be a DEBBIE DOWNER, I spent a TON of hard earned cash with little to no returns. All the glory goes to LOGO X GUY.
End of rant! can i get some free hardware now?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splave View Post
I always had 75% full pucker of my asshole from fear of it possibly harming my chip

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-07-2015
Kal-EL's Avatar
Kal-EL Kal-EL is offline
Superenthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Krypton, Hawaii
Posts: 10,990
Rep Power: 10
Kal-EL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhIlLy ChEeSe View Post
Over clocking seems to have run its course, nothing new that screams to be throttled, even when there is some guy with (insert company logo X) jumps on it puwns da fawk out of it and we are left with the scraps. SB gave me great hopes and I should have neva sold my 2500K as it had clocked to 5600, oh the glory day's!!!
Sorry to be a DEBBIE DOWNER, I spent a TON of hard earned cash with little to no returns. All the glory goes to LOGO X GUY.
End of rant! can i get some free hardware now?
I heard that, TONS of cash! Gear, Glory or Fun. We're gonna go with fun for now. Hang in there Phil, its time for roots movement overclocking. Its good to vent.

__________________
What kind of community do you intend to re-build?
tell me your sins and I'll sharpen my knife...(Take me to church)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2016
PhIlLy ChEeSe's Avatar
PhIlLy ChEeSe PhIlLy ChEeSe is offline
OCA Gladiator
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 914
Rep Power: 7
PhIlLy ChEeSe is on a distinguished road
Default

OK,
I just came by cause at the BOT, Um I have no team? And when I hit the drop down menu, OCA isn't on it? Any one can clue me in? Got a 6700K and a Gigabtye Z170X-SOC FORCE wanna play, ugh scores not beating my 3930K lol.
Hit me up at my Email if need be jaggerwild1999@yahoo, clue me in..........................
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splave View Post
I always had 75% full pucker of my asshole from fear of it possibly harming my chip

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -10. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Copyright 2009-2014, Overclockaholics

Designed by: vBSkinworks