Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Hardware Section » Motherboards » AMD » Socket 462 buying questions...

Notices

Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

kikicoco1334 is on a distinguished road
Default Socket 462 buying questions...

so 2 of the people i work with are selling there socket 462 motherbaords and i kinda need one for overclock all that chips i have laying around so here is what they got...

option 1
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

option 2
Abit NF7

(not sure if is the NF7 OR the NF7-S)

i been reading on the bot and seems like the Abit AN7 is the winner over the Asus..
is there any other recommendation you guys got or should i go with one of those two..

http://hwbot.org/hardware/chipset/nforce_2_ultra_400

here is the chips i monna be looking at overclocking.. (i monna be taking those things SUBZERO!)
AXDA3000DKV3E <- that's the chip i am really gonna be overclocking (unless i should be overclocking an different one then PLEASE tell me!)
AXDA3000DKV4D <- this is gonna be the chip i monna practice on before i get in to AXDA3000DKV3E
AXDA2600DKV3D <- this is another chip i monna be practice on before i get in to AXDA3000DKV4D
AX1800DMT3C <- this is like the first chip i monna be "practice" on i never REALLY overclocked a 462 chip before.. have no idea how well they handle... if i smoke it i smoked it...
AX1900DMT3C <- this is like the thing i monna be playing with right after AX1800DMT3C

i should have another chip coming on my way.. should be another 3000+

oh yeah and the Abit board may be a little easier for me to get but if the Asus one is better i am sure i can put my hands on it no matter what.. =)

Last edited by kikicoco1334; 08-24-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

FACE is on a distinguished road

As with all hardware, especially used hardware, it is a tough call.. You never know which of them will be "the gem" and which will suck. Grab them both if you can and try both out. The trick is to find the one that will reach a higher bus speed on the same chip. In there lies your answer.

Nooob#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
I think the flux capacitor caused the aeon influx inductors to mis-allign the dylithium crystals during transphotogenic mutation, but that's just because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Don't forget to delete System32!!!
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACE View Post
As with all hardware, especially used hardware, it is a tough call.. You never know which of them will be "the gem" and which will suck. Grab them both if you can and try both out. The trick is to find the one that will reach a higher bus speed on the same chip. In there lies your answer.
i see thanks faceman..

which on of those chips are the best of OC under subzero?
cuz i am thinking taking the latest stepping 3000+ the V4D as my main oc chip for the 462 setup but idk cuz i never played with them enough to say anything about it...
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

well, they seem to net about the same points on the bot. No globals to be had with them, so they are all going to be pretty much equal on the points end of things.

Start with the lowest freq chip to get the feel of the board, then work your way up to the higher grade chips. Keep an eye on the rankings per chip as you bench to give you a guide line of where you need to be on each, and you can't go wrong.

Nooob#1

Quote:
I think the flux capacitor caused the aeon influx inductors to mis-allign the dylithium crystals during transphotogenic mutation, but that's just because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
well, they seem to net about the same points on the bot. No globals to be had with them, so they are all going to be pretty much equal on the points end of things.

Start with the lowest freq chip to get the feel of the board, then work your way up to the higher grade chips. Keep an eye on the rankings per chip as you bench to give you a guide line of where you need to be on each, and you can't go wrong.
i saw that on the bot too!
http://hwbot.org/hardware/motherboard/nf7_s
NF7-S is like one of the best of the best comes to overclocking and hitting cups wise..
and the NF7 is not too bad..

and the Asus one is kinda just like in it's own world.....

watching the bot? GOT IT!

BTW me and a few friends are gonna try hunt down one of those A-Team Van and play with it lol

Last edited by kikicoco1334; 08-22-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

Yes! that van is win... I might have to find one stock somewhere and create my own for next summer's project.

Nooob#1

Quote:
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Yes! that van is win... I might have to find one stock somewhere and create my own for next summer's project.
me and some of my friends are recreating like the whole A-Team lol it's gonna be awesome!
well... other then the part that i am Asian.... everything is gonna be sweet!
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

rickss69 is on a distinguished road

It would be wise to consult Mr Scott on these matters...from my experience it is the hardest overclocking you will ever do.
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickss69 View Post
It would be wise to consult Mr Scott on these matters...from my experience it is the hardest overclocking you will ever do.
^ this.

Nooob#1

Quote:
Old 08-22-2010
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickss69 View Post
who is mr Scott?
that's what i really love!
the hardest overclocking i'll ever do..

(just wanna ask... why is that the hardest? that's actuelly what i started with but never got really in to it... i had a soyo board that i can no longer find no more )