Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!
Overclockaholics Forums » Hardware Section » CPUs » AMD » HT Link and NB speeds in Vantage (lots of pics)

Notices

Old 06-19-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here
Default HT Link and NB speeds in Vantage (lots of pics)

EDIT: Posted this before elsewhere and after talking to Soups thought it would be a good idea to get some AMD info going on over here So here is my small attempt at contributing.

Did some benching runs with Vantage in Windows Mojave (7) x64

Dolk had given me a pointer on OCing to lower the HT link very low to get my CPU stable at 3600+ MHz. This helped quite a bit, but I was curious as to the effects it has.

So I ran benchmarks at stock mid OC and top OC to calcualte the effects.

HT Link speed hurts CPU performance, but helps with GPU performance.

NB speed is very important, but you do not need crazy high NB until you exceed 3300MHz on the CPU.

Mmory speed as follows
200REF 800MHz 4-4-4-12-20-2T
240REF 800MHz 4-4-4-12-20-1T
260REF 690MHz 4-4-4-10-16-1T

Results

Last edited by Neuromancer; 06-19-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Old 06-20-2009
Full Blown Addict

hellcamino is on a distinguished road

Jeffro and I both have 955's and AM3 boards but from all I could tell we were pretty much the only one's using them here! It's a sometimes fun and sometimes (most of the time) frustrating platform to try and squeak performance out of without going subzero on it.

I must admit to some curiosity though as to why you didn't push the nb a bit? My 24/7 clock is 3800 cpu~2800 north bridge~1600 7-6-6-18 1T ram, I noticed a big jump in wprime and gpu performance going from 2600 to 2800 on the nb while leaving the HT link at 2000mhz.

I will be attempting a repair of my AM3 board shortly (my last mod was only about 50% successful) and see if this time I don't break as much shit as I fix! FF or no it will be the first candidate to receive the DICE pot treatment at my house.

What cards are you using in those benches....4850's?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 06-20-2009
OCA Gladiator

Yup running a 920 on a A79a-s. Do not have a lot of options with that board, one of the big ones is no CPUNB voltage control, hence the low NB speeds.

And yes 4850s. one wasa HIS single slot that I added a Battle axe cooler too. The other is a wierd looking sapphire one.