Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Graphics / Other For all You Other Software's....

Old 07-06-2009
OCA Gladiator

karmakazi will become famous soon enough

Does anyone have the formula for how to calculate a pcm05 score? Im interested to see how heavily weighted transparent windows is
Old 07-06-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNip View Post
Wonder if it has to do with Windows Blinds or somethin. Dunno, just takin a stab at it as I have seen some screen shots with themes of this nature.

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/
yes, but pcmark05 will not let you run the test without xp default theme in place (from what I have read)

If so than it will be simple enogh to hack luna to incorporate transparent themes, i suppose...

Cant sit for too long at teh desk last couple of days, but I will figure this out.

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."
Old 07-06-2009
Full Blown Addict

hellcamino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
yes, but pcmark05 will not let you run the test without xp default theme in place (from what I have read)
Negative, the theme must be set to "best appearance" but you can run whatever theme you like and get away with a lot of tweaks as evidenced by the bot and it's lack of screen shots for PCMark 05. All of my submissions have been with a screen shot and I have only contested one by another user as it was so obviously high for the equipment used as to be ridiculous.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 07-06-2009
Aspiring Overclocker

ViViD is just getting started

Sorry I Problem With PC05 In XP
it's Run Well And Pass All The Test But When Show Me Scores Show Nothing In Resualt Log All Scores Has Been And Finally Score Not Show
Old 07-06-2009
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

DO you have media encoder 9, windows media player installed?
Old 07-06-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcamino View Post
Negative, the theme must be set to "best appearance" but you can run whatever theme you like and get away with a lot of tweaks as evidenced by the bot and it's lack of screen shots for PCMark 05. All of my submissions have been with a screen shot and I have only contested one by another user as it was so obviously high for the equipment used as to be ridiculous.

Sweet!

Just moved rather abruptly lst night. Will get my bench rig setup tomorrow and try running this with and without themes.

I am pretty good at finding/hacking system files, so I will try out some of these Vista transformation packs, hack them up figure out what works and include only what is necessary (patched uxtheme.dll and the theme file, although probably more to it than that for transparency. will do what I can to make it minimally invasive)

Old 07-06-2009
Full Blown Addict

hellcamino is on a distinguished road

Try one of the hacked aero themes for xp.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 07-06-2009
OCA Gladiator

heh heh

Already on that HC thanks

All I have to say on that issue is... Pirate Bay was great not for pirating software, but finding, interesting takes on software, that is popular, that otherwise would never have been allowed to market.

(problem is it became to popular for the bad guys to get involved.. both corporate and opensource)

Old 07-07-2009
OCA Gladiator

karmakazi will become famous soon enough

neuromancer if you would like any help testing, please let me know. pcm05 is one of my favorite benches
Old 07-07-2009
OCA Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakazi View Post
Does anyone have the formula for how to calculate a pcm05 score? Im interested to see how heavily weighted transparent windows is
From the future mark white paper

PCMark Score
PCMark05 scores will initially range between 1,200 and 5,500 PCMarks with generally available PC hardware.
They are scaled such that an entry-level system will score approximately 1,200 PCMarks and a high-end
system, at the time of product release, will score approximately 5,500 PCMarks. Of course, we expect that over
timw there will be PCs that will score higher and higher.
Figure 6: Example PCMark05 Scores
The PCMark score is calculated by using the results of the various tests in the systems test suite. The individual
test scores are combined using a geometric mean. The geometric mean provides a fair mechanism to combine a
large number of test results as compared to assigning arbitrary weights to individual scores. Geometric means
are used in other successful benchmarks such as those from SPEC. The geometric mean is scaled using results

Note that such custom scores are not comparable to official PCMark scores.Page 19

PCMark05 WHITEPAPER
Page 19 of 22
June 13
th
from reference systems to produce the appropriate range of scores. The general formula for the geometric mean
is: geometric mean = (item1 * item2 * item3 * item4)
[1/number if items]
The formula for the overall PCMark score is:
PCMark Score = 87 × [geomean of the System test suite test results]
CPU Score
The CPU score is also the geometric mean calculated from the CPU suite test results. The scaling factor is
created in a same manner as for the PCMark score. The CPU score formula is:
CPU Score = 82 × [geomean of the CPU test suite test results]
Memory Score
The memory score is also calculated from the memory suite test results using a geometric mean. The scaling
factor is created in a same way as for the PCMark score. The Memory score formula is:
Memory Score = 1.7 × [geomean of the Memory test suite test results]
Graphics Score
The PCMark05 Graphics score is calculated also using the geometric mean. The formula used is:
Graphics score = 17 × [geomean of the Graphics test suite test results]
HDD Score
As in the other test suites, also the HDD Score is calculated using the geometric mean:
HDD Score = 300 * [geomean of the HDD test suite test results]