Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

General Discussion Anything Goes...

Old 06-20-2009
Senior Overclockaholic

Buckeye will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chesapeakes View Post
And I still need to pick your brain on this finicky board.
<Runs and hides>

Old 06-20-2009
beyond a noob

Rogue210 is just getting started

Nik: Rogue210

Just getting started...lot to learn...just got my first rig which i messed up at in record time. Not sure what happened...trying to figure it out. Gotta b a girl to mess it up so fast LOL.....Was interested in coumpters back in the day...got out of it now i am back...

worked mostly in retail...um hobbies...this, reading, movies
Old 06-20-2009
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Oh yah movies I love me watching some vids.

One of the main reasons I have to have dual monitors on my rig, and probabl why I suck at games. I always have a something running on my second monitor while I game.

Like the nik, had such a thing for her when I was a kid, (about the time Marc Silvestri was drawing the Xmen comic books lol)
Old 06-21-2009
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Kal-EL the man, the machine, the NOOB!

Sup gents and our sister member,

Name: Kalae [kah-lie]
Nicks: [X-CADE]~Superman~, HawaiianSuperman, HawaiiSuperman, Superman, Kal-EL
Origin: Krypton, Hawaii - www.x-cade.com - www.evga.com - www.411overkill.com - www.overclockaholics.com

Hobbys: Hosting an Overclocking Community -----> Overclocking Computer Components --> Being a good father

Tech History: In the year of our father 2004, I was at work digging thru some old filing cabinets and found a box containing Unreal Tournament 99. I loaded it up on the "then unsecured" work computer. It was pretty kick-arse and I endeavored to spend as much time in the office as possible At the time I had no hardware knowledge and miniscule software knowledge but this was enough to spark my interests.

2005, scraped some money together for a gaming laptop from the Dell Refurb Department and picked up a 04 Dell Inspiron XPS 8100. I then picked up Age of Empires. Later picked up AOE II, then Age of Mythology, and spent alot of time competing online.

2006, I ran across UT2004, picked it up, installed and went bonkers with UT2004. 06 I saved a bunch of scratch and picked up my first tower, a fully loaded cutting edge Falcon Northwest Mach IV, system specs:
Evga 680i
QX6700
4gb 1142mhz Corsair 5-5-5-15-2T
2 150gb Raptors
2 750gb Seagates
X-Fi Plantium Extreme Gamer
PlexorDvd etc.
Plexor B-ray r/rw
2 8800 GTX's
30" Apple Monitor

I owned on UT2004 and met up with a now close friend, Marek, we got to putting together a clan and a website: www.x-cade.com . Marek learned me the ways of the web. Clan competitions got stiff, I wanted more performance and I had a rig to learn about. Thus began my affair with overclocking. Spent some time at EVGA and met up with Steve a.k.a. Spfoam1, an awnry bastard with a passion for competition.

Roll in 2008, its time to find out what I'm made of and build my first bad-arse rig including water cooling. Born was the Superman Build:

Spent some time at 411 and things started out great but eventually some drama took hold and things went sour. So a few of us started out on a new forum, unfortunately the dude we paired up with was born on total drama island and bad holes in his teeth from lying so much. That failed so battered and bruised the loyal few that remained began a new here at our final resting place www.overclockaholics.com where we shall remain till apocolypse-net occurs.

In rolls the future of Overclockaholics...................... Bringing Overclockers together one thread at a time
Old 06-21-2009
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

Nik - DrNip

Other Niks - Nip

Forums - Overclockaholics, i4memory, Xtreme, 411, Evga, Hardware Canucks, OC, OCXtreme, Tech Reaction, Overclock.net

Real name - Travis

Profession - Drug Reabilitation for DOC Inmates

Hobbies - Computers, Cars

Benchmarks - Any and All

Current HW -
Intel Core I7 920 D0 3845B027 aka "Golden Graham"
Sapphire 4890 Tri-Crossfire | EVGA GTX260 SLI
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200W
HSPC Top Mount Tech Station
HANNspree 28"
Grocery Getter
DFI LP UT X58-T3eH8 & Kingston HyperX DDR3 2000 3x1GB Elpida's
Money Maker
EVGA Classified NF200 & OCZ Blades Cas 7 DDR3 2000 3x2GB Elipda's

Prefered SW - I Love All Software

About - I have been into computers since 1997 and really didn't start to get into them until 2002. But unfortuantaly growing up in a cop family, I rebelled like a preacher kid and had a brush in with the law that sent me up state for four years. During that time I read about computers, enough to keep me in the loop. Got out, landed on my feet and hit the computer scene like I never missed a beat. I am involed in helping others with a drug addiction problem now. I have a few certifications; A+, Network+, CIW. My plans are to start a small PC business one day. Pretty much building and reparing of PC's.

Last edited by DrNip; 06-25-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-23-2009
Senior Overclockaholic

RomDominance is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone here at Overclockaholics, RomDominance here with my oc resume as it were.

My Nik: RomDominance

Forums: Most Notably NBOC & OCA....least notably EVGA & eocf

Profession: Custom Home Builder / Custom Cabinet/Furniture Maker

Hobbies: Building, OC'n & Benchin Rigs/PC gaming / Firearms/ Training Herding Dogs

Benchies: All that is the Bot and then more.

Current HW:
Case: Silverstone TJ-10BW ESA
PSU: PCP&C Turbo-Cool 1200 ESA
MB: EVGA Classified E759
CPU: Intel 965 EE/920 DO
WC: Swiftech GTZ/Feser 240/DDC3.2 XSPC
RAM: Corsair Dom GT 3x1Gb
GPU: EVGA GTX280 HC Tri-SLI
WC: MCR320/DDC3.2 XSPC
HDD: WD Vrap 300 W7Ux64/WD Vrap 300 VUx64/
WD Vrap 150 XPx86/ WD Cav Black 1Tb storage
Monitor: Hitachi 37" Ultra-Thin UT37X902
APC Smart-UPS 1500 985W

Me:
I am a 46yr old father of 5 living in Tucson, AZ. I am happily married to my second wife, going on 10 years. She travels internationally quite a bit, thus "when the wifes away, all bot, no play".
My kids are mostly great, lol, the two oldest boys (25) are identical twins and are adopted. They are both handicapped, but Alex (the one remaining) is doing very well. I recently built him a very nice rig which some of you have heard about from time to time.
My next three are from my first marriage, two boys (17, 15) and my baby girl (12). Ironically she takes the most interest in the "family business". They are with me at least half of every week, so I get to be a dad fairly often. My 17yr old son is totally being a pain atm, due to his mom's inability to discipline him....sorry tmi.

Business has been great for the last decade or so leading up to the crash the last couple of years....I do what I can to stay busy and try to remain optimistic for the future.

Computer background:
I began building gaming rigs and overclocking them 3 years ago. I purchased a Dell xps 700 and was not at all impressed with it's performance. I proceeded to upgrade everything (cpu e6300 to a qx6700 and ultimately a qx6850, ram from dell 667 to mushkin 1066 4gb, psu dell 750 to dell 1kw, gpu dell 7950gx2 to evga 8800gt akimbo sli, hdd dell/wd 320gb to dual 160gb wd raptors in raid 0, and stock cpu cooler to the h2c liquid cooler). I managed to overclock the quad to 3.85GHz stable and achieve a 3dmark06 score of almost 21k, at the time one of the top two dells in the world. I still was not impressed as Crysis still was not playable at 19x12. A month later I sold the rig on ebay for over three grand.

It was time to build the Warbird. She started with the same case, psu and opd's that she sport currently. The 790i was her first mobo along with the 98gtx's which were the best at the time. Then came the step up to gtx 280's, then tri, then craploads of wc'n, and eventually i7. I have got to tell you that most of it has been EVGA and they have been very good to me over the years.

My PC Expectations and Accomplishments:
My proudest pc moments are the ones I share with my brothers over at NBOC, in both our forum as well as our team. I am the official HWBot Coach for our team, and welcome and assist our newest teammembers as much as possible. They are always good oc'ers, we just strive to make them better. It has been an amazing ride thus-far, and seems to be just beginning.
I can't help but feel that OCA is alot like home, as this place has the same caliber people, great organization, and a familiar sense of humor. I look foward to alot of laughs and comeradery here, as well as NBOC, in the future.

A few shots of the Warbird, past and present
DSC03772.jpg

DSC03515.jpg

DSC03597.jpg

DSC03620.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

Thanks to everyone thusfar notably Kal-El who quite boldly reached out to us at NBOC and has introduced us to family and freinds we never knew we had.

Last edited by RomDominance; 06-24-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-23-2009
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

This thread is shaping up to be a mash up of some very cool ocer's and people. We've definitely got personality here and I know that not everyone has intro'd themselves yet. I hope we stick things out here for a very long time.

If we never get another like-minded soul here again, I'll be content with the bunch of cretans we have so far.

@Rom, my brother has a case of that Romulan Ale and some other Trek stuff, he's fully devoted to it. Thx to our new NBOC brothers for signing the Inter-Forum-Overclocker -Alliance- Treaty and hangin with us Overclockaholics from time to time.
Old 06-27-2009
Shameful Lurker

lolhalol is just getting started

Hey guys...
Nik: lolhalol ( on all forums )
Name: Reggie Chong
Profession: Com Sceince 1st year student and Dj/producer/eventmanagement/PR/online media

Forums: ocXtreme.org, vr-zone.com, lowyat.net, xtremesystems , and lots more. haha

Hobbies : Benching, futsal/football ( soccer ), djing

Benchmarks: All and ALL

Current Hw. Dell XPS m1730 , Core 2 T7700 2.4ghz , 2gb 677 DDR2, 8700GT M SLI. 160GB + 320GB Western D 7200Rpm .

about:

im 19 this year.. just turned 19 on june 21st. um. laidback. chilled out. loves tech, all forms of rock/metal and electronic music. loves to have drinking and chillout sessions with good mates.. dont really like partying that much anymore.. i have a feeling im getting too old for that haha.. love benching. im not in it now coz of funds being poured into my djing gear.. umm love helping people out when i can.. all round friendly person.
Old 06-27-2009
beyond a noob

Rogue210 is just getting started

Whats up lolhalol! Welcome to the forum......i'mjust a beginner trying to learn my ways around..... u originally from malaysia? great to have u on board
Old 06-28-2009
Aspiring Overclocker

Deux is on a distinguished road

I'm new here, seems like a cool place to hang out and learn

Nik: Deux
Other Niks: Deux most places, X Deux X or DeuxTech if that's taken
Forums: Xtremesystems, OCX are the ones I visit regularly. Registered at most others though
Profession: High school student starting senior year. Last summer I worked at a local ISP+Data center.
Hobbies: Competitive benchmarking, hardware tweaking, computer gaming TF2, Starcraft, amateur photographer,
Benchmarks: Favorite 3D is 01 without question, Favorite 2D is definitely 32M. Both because of all the tweaking that has to go into a good run.
Current HW
24X7 systems
first gen Macbook Pro

Q6600
P5K-E
6GB ram
8800 GT
Watercooling

Within the next week I should have my first Nehalem machine coming in and also an AM3 machine for review.
Prefered SW Mac OS X is my favorite OS, XP if I'm forced over to windows
About Not entirely sure what's left for this section. I love tweaking a machine to the most out of it. Became a habit as I usually can't afford the latest and greatest hardware.