Thread: New Dewar
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012
OCA Gladiator

Neuromancer might just be on to something hereNeuromancer might just be on to something here

Pics or you didnt really break it.

The top neck plate broke and you can see the insulation? Or the piece that screws to the neck plate broke?

Im guessing the former. In which case.. yeah its busted. Have to fix it (welding) and then reseal the vaccum. Which uses.. guess what... nitrogen cheaper to buy anotehr good one.

Yeah buying "new" is pricey. I bought a 30L for like $150 shipped i think and traded it to Kal for a EVGA mobo. (which holy crap shipping a dewar to Hawaii is spensive.)

Only did it cuz LN2 was like 2 something a liter here unless I go big.

If you even consider paying $1000 for a 20L just go bigger and get cheaper LN2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MVE-LIQUID-N...item3a6e692984

Holy crap that is in NJ I could pick that up!!

FYI: I dont buy dewars at macys so never considerd paying $1000 for a 20L in fact I have a hard time finding them at that price (EDIT: found one for $1400 new LOL)

dont limit your searches based on L size, do general searches for them you will get better results.

And fill it immediately on arrival. and test it. If it dont hold it for a long time, its busted and needs to be returned (I imagine smaller units are actually better at holding then larger ones )

EDIT EDIT: Im an LN2 n00b and disregard all the above

Special relativity is not "Eat Two Big Macs."

Last edited by Neuromancer; 01-29-2012 at 06:41 PM.