Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

OCA Contest Discussions It's All Fun In Games Until Somebody...

Old 06-30-2009
Champion

Deanzo is on a distinguished road
Default ForumWars (Summerwarz 2009)

Hey there Overclockaholics

ForumWars may be something you'd like to take part in.

In short, it's where teams from a number of forums take each other on in a set number of benchtests!

I'll list the rules below, but...

This can be fun for almost all forum members, it's set up that anyone could take part and have a shot at winning a Class

Each forum puts up an 18 member team (reccommended) if you are short on players, members can enter two rigs if they have them (ref rules on 2nd rig) so you "could" get away with 9

Of the 18 rigs entered, they are put into 6 teams of 3
One team of 3 (Unlimited Xtreme Class) is any hardware and or cooling, where as the team of 3 in the "E" class, can only use cpu's with two cores or less, a vid card that only has one gpu and air or water (above zero) for cooling.

Each class goes head to head with the same class form the other forums, with the overall winner worked out from your standings in each of the six teams.

I've taken part in about 5 of these, and am also a judge now.

Would you been keen in taking part in something like this ?

Oh, score threads etc etc are held at each forum, so you do all your posting here. Two members would become "forum wars cops" these two members would check the scores are posted with in the rules, and update the data base.
"cops" can check scores at any forum, if they find something that doesn't look right, it gets handed over to the 7 judges (from seven forums) to vote on.
What we say goes, but a judge can not vote on something to do with his own forum.

We also have prizes, last wars, first prize was a i7 920 cpu!!

But, and it's a big and very cool but.
Prizes are given thru a random drawing at the end of the wars, first prize of the comp itself is bragging rights.
So even if you only have an XP2600 and 9600pro, you could come away with the best prize.
If I re-call, someone on my team last time won a new vid card.

Sorry, I have no idea what prizes are on offer this time round.

Quote:
The Rules

Summerwarz 2009 Rules

Changes... (since the last war)
Posting scores in the last few days will be allowed only at TRP
Benchs are 3d01,3d06,SuPi with an OC bonus,GB & Cinebench
Phase & Peltier allowed in "A Class" Now dubbed Limited Xtreme class
Quad restriction in "E class"
Windows 7 OS allowed
Longer benching session for the war

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Spirit of the Games... This is very Important!
Tweaks are allowed, FSB, Multi, Htt, Memory,Voltage, VGA Bus & Mem... ect
Cheats are not, Ram drives, no on-the-fly affinity modifications, modifying drivers ect
Note... not all has been mentioned here, just keep in mind "The Spirit of the Games"
Penelties for violating this will be harsh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summerwarz Dates.....
August 1-14 prelims (Stock score posting)
Saturday 15th (last minute posting at TRP only!!!)
Sunday the 16th will be an off day for roster submissions
Monday the 17th thru Saturday Sept 5th (go to war)(Database is closed on Sept 2nd)
Thursday Sept 3rd (All disputed scores listed at TRP)
Friday & Saturday Sept 4th & 5th (last minute posting at TRP only)

ALL DEADLINES are on 9pm CST US & Mexico (Texas)
Take Note: These are hard deadlines, there will be no excuses for missing them (None)
(All Score links and Screenshots must remain active during the war)
(If they are not active you will recieve a zero for a score)

Summerwarz Benchmarks:
Geekbench (10x score)(32bit version only)
3d01 (2x score)
3d06 (4x score)
SPi 1m w OC bonus (SSw2CPUz&TS) (7sec = 120k score)
Cinebench (multi) (SSw2CPUz&TS) (4x score)
Overclock Bonus (1000 points for every 1% OC on Super Pi 1m)

****** All benchmarks can be found at www.forumwars.us ******

***IMPORTANT***
LINKS TO YOUR SCORES ARE REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A SCORE.
ALL SCREENSHOTS REQUIRE (2) CPUz & A TIMESTAMP.
MAKE SURE YOUR SCORE IS SUBMITTED BY CHECKING THE WEBSITE.

Summerwarz 2009 Classes:

The Unlimited Xtreme Class (3 player teams)
No upgrade restrictions
No unreleased architecture ES chips
No cooling restrictions (LN, DICE, Cascades)
Anything goes...

The Limited Xtreme (A Class) (3 player teams)
Unlimited downgrades per team
No Unreleased ES chips
Air, Water, Peltier & Phase cooling only
(4 VGA Core max) Quad SLI/CF OK

The "B" class (3 player teams)
No Unreleased ES chips
Air or Water cooling only
(2 VGA Core max) (Can be a X2/GX2 or SLI/CF)

The "C" class (3 player teams)
No i7 or Unreleased ES chips
(4 VGA Core max) Quad SLI/CF OK

The "D" class (3 player teams)
No i7 or Unreleased ES chips
(2 VGA Core max) (Can be a X2/GX2 or SLI/CF)

The "E" class (3 player teams)
No Quadcores, i7 or Unreleased ES chips
(1 VGA Core max) (no X2/GX2 or SLI/CF)

The Rules......
Two systems per player maximum, 1 is reccommended
Second systems can be added to fill out the rosters (only 1 system can be on the A Team)
The 2nd Rig must have a different CPU and Reduced or different VGA.
Reduced VGA means if you use SLI, you cannot use the same set up on your 2nd Rig, you can only use 1 card.
But if you have a different set of VGA cards... thats OK!
Standard HDD performance tuning (like RAID) on ATA, SATA, SATA II are ok. No limit on # of HDD's.
Ram or Virtual Drives are not allowed. SSD's are ok.
Acceptable Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, 2008, Vista & Windows 7 and all variants of each (32-bit/64-bit, home/pro/ultimate, etc.)
Acceptable Drivers: ALL (No driver limitation)
Acceptable Hardware: All (except unreleased ES chips and similar)
NO UPGRADES after Prelim Deadline, (UX Class excluded) (RMA's & Downgrades are ok, subject to validation by the judges).
Forum Police can deny any posted score if not properly submitted
The Forum Wars Judges will vote on All Questionable scores
The "Police Station" is where the forum police will post a poll and discuss scores and rule clarifications.
This forum will be password protected.
All Forum Police will be registered in our Database and all scores will be entered into the database
then transferred to our spreadsheet. Then tabulated and posted on the TRP website (usually twice a week).
***No Unreleased hardware may be used in Team Scoring...
Players in the UX class can swap hardware for each bench. Please Note: If the UX player is entering 2 machines he CANNOT use the same VGA setup or CPU (used in the A-E classes) in the UX Class Machine
Everything else (covered by the rules) is ok and can be used at the players discretion.
Ultra cooled is defined as: Dry Ice, Liquid Nitrogen and Cascades
(you dont have to redo all your tests to post an updated Score)

Participating Forums......
Each Forum must provide their own Forum Police (2 to 5 is preferred)
All cops will have access to "Forum Wars Police Station and the Courthouse" and the Database for Score entries
If a Forum has no forum cops players will be REQUIRED to post at The Raptor Pit on the Scoring thread.
Participating Forums need to create 3 threads
A discussions thread that I can link to from the main site for checking each other out and taunting
A closed "Summerwarz 2009 Scoring" thread (not hidden) (where all scores will be posted)
An "Forum player entry thread" to Recruit your Players and Cops
And of coarse... a passworded private forum for your players only.
Forums that wish NOT to Field an A Team will be required to have AT LEAST a B team

Teams and Catagories......
Unlimited Xtreme, A thru E Teams...3 players per team (1 team in each class counts toward the Overall)
Quad placement restricted from the "E Class" (i7 are restricted to the UX, LX & B Classes)
Ultra cooled Rigs will ONLY be allowed in the (UX) Unlimited Xtreme Class
The Slacker class wil be used for all the late entries and do not count toward the overall
The Slacker class is unlimited... Anything Goes!!!
The Preferred Roster is to have your best players on the "A Team", second best on the "B Team" and so forth.
Ultimately you can build your rosters as you wish. (see bonus points)

Class Winners......
This Award goes to the winners of each class... A forum's best three scores combined to win the class entered

Power of three Award......
This is a new Award that goes to the winner of each forums best three scores combined (in any class... your best against their best)

Overall Scoring Award......
Forum final rankings from Unlimited Xtreme thru E teams are added up and the lowest total wins the overall Contest (Ultimate Win)
Tiebreakers are: fewest # of i7's then quads then SLI/CF rigs then coinflip
If multiple Teams from the same forum exist in each class, only the highest scoring team's ranking goes toward the "Overall" and "Bonus Points"

Bonus Points.......
When a forums A Team scores higher than their B Team, they will recieve 1 ranking point
When their B team scores higher than their C Team, they get another ranking point
When their C team scores higher than their D Team, they get 1 last ranking point. (3 bonus points Max)
This will only effect forums with a full or mostly full complement of players (18)
The bonus ranking points are totaled then deducted from the forums overall score ranking.
The lowest ranking wins the overall and 2 or 3 deductions can mean alot.
So most of the larger forums will comply by putting their best players on the A, hopefully their second best on B and maybe
play around with the rest of their players for best position with in the remaining teams. or stick it out and make their C
team their third best either by design or by accident....
Teams that wish NOT to Field an "A Team" will be required to have a "B Team" and are NOT eligable for the Ranking
bonuses.....

The Judges:
??? ( ??? )
Meltdown (Xtreme CPU)
Deanzo (OC Forums)
Intel Guy (PC Pitstop)
Luis GT (The Raptor Pit)
Jammin (OverClockers Club)
Hokiealumnus (The Raptor Pit)

FWs09 judges can participate as a player like anyone else in their forum, but if there is an issue involving them personally or a member of their forum, they are not allowed to vote as a judge. Forum Police & Judges can verify any score in any participating forum (they are global). Judges & Police cannot verify their own scores (submitting them at TRP is the quickest solution)
These rules will not be modified in any form. Any concern about the wording on specific issues will be voted on by the Forum Warz Judges. The polling outcome will be final and not be disputed. Any additions or clarifications approved by the administration will be added separately to the rules as ammendments, with no alteration to the original wording of these rules. The term "Awards" are for bragging rights (no gifts are given) The Gifts are given thru a random drawing at the end of the war.
*** Disclaimer***
TRP (The Raptor Pit) will not be responsable for any damaged, broken, bent or burned hardware as a result of Overclocking a Personal Computer. Any Player that Overclocks his/her PC... does so at their own risk and will not hold (TRP) responsable... If you enter (by posting a score) then you accept this agreement.
Old 06-30-2009
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Gonna need someone to put some Man Hands on this one,
grab the bull by the horns and take on organizing the team
if OCA is gonna tip their hat on this one. If not, look for us in the next Forum Warz or look for our members on brother
teams.

Supes can only juggle 50million+1 things. Any takers?
Old 06-30-2009
MIA POML

Chuchnit will become famous soon enough

Hmmm. Supes I gotta do some thinkin' due to the dates and whatnot. I'll letcha know. Thanks for posting. We discussed this a while back but things are a little crazy around here right now. It honestly slipped my mind.

http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=13
Old 06-30-2009
OCA Gladiator

punx223 will become famous soon enough

lemme know if were competing, as i will compete for us as long as i can pull off the dates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
You mean you don't have one of the uber secret 6.6GHz Gulftown pots?
Old 07-01-2009
Don't Know

DrNip might just be on to something hereDrNip might just be on to something here

No go on my end. Between two jobs, remodeling the house, pleasin the girl and RMA's I am tied up. Lookin at the next one myself as I don't plan on havin two jobs in the winter. I would love to see us in this one but wouldn't be able to compete myself. Would be hella fun though.
Old 07-10-2009
Asus Republic of Gamers

V2-V3 is on a distinguished road

put me down for being on the team
Old 07-12-2009
Aspiring Overclocker

youngpro is just getting started

i think id like to get involved in this, ill have to see with my other commitments but it looks like a good idea!